This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prime x670P Wifi Broken UEFI UI

cbardin
Star I

I have an Asus Prime x670p WiFi with an AMD 7950X. I dual boot mainly Arch Linux and occasionally Windows 11. Every now and then after I reboot or shut down from Windows, when I try to boot again, the EFI partitions are corrupted and my UEFI UI is broken (See image). It has happened on multiple BIOS firmware versions and I try to keep the motherboard up to date. It seems to happen every now and then when I shutdown or reboot the computer from Windows. Then if I try to boot Linux, it just backs out and I somehow get a BSOD 0xC0000428: Can't verify Digital signature. I get this message if I try to boot Windows instead. It also shows this message if I try to boot from a Windows Media Creation tool USB. As well, archiso USB will fail to load Linux kernel modules. My entire computer seems to be bricked (accompanied by broken UI) until I reset the CMOS on the motherboard. Then things go back to normal with Windows, but I have to boot archiso and reinstall GRUB to boot Linux again.

I really cannot pinpoint what is causing this to happen because it only happens every few weeks or so. I see how an SSD or CPU issue can lead to corrupted booting partitions. But since the UEFI UI breaks somehow, I think it may be an issue with the motherboard. And I really cannot understand why it won't let me boot USB OS installers when in this 'broken' mode. It's very hard to find any information about it. I have ordered an MSI motherboard to test out other options. But I just want to see if any consumers or devs have seen this broken UEFI UI because it is very frustrating having my entire computer and multiple OSs bricked

0 REPLIES 0