cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Monitors connected to Motherboard and GPU

KT420
Star II

Hello,

I have a question which I am almost certain that it would work without any problems but I just want to make sure before I purchase a GPU and a monitor.

So here goes,

I have 3 display ports in Motherboard (Asus prime B760M-A wifi) which are all connected to 3 Monitors via my intel integrated Graphics.

Now I am in need of one more display and I dont have a port, so I am thinking to buy a GPU and connect the 4th display to the GPU and be able to extend it to the other 3 of my monitors connected to my MB

Will that work? I checked my BIOS and it has the iGPU multi monitor option.

Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4

Jiaszzz_ASUS

Hello, @KT420 

Based on your usage scenario, we recommend referring to the [Motherboard] How to enable iGPU Multi-Monitor for dual-screen display for configuration.
The maximum number of output screens for the discrete graphics card depends on your GPU specifications.

Thank you.

My Question is : If 3 displays are connected to my motherboard and 1 display is connected to my GPU, will I be able to use them all altogether and extend it however i want in settings ?  Or is it such that in a computer I can only connect all the displays either to the motherboard or the GPU? (like only be able to use the ports of either the MB or the GPU or I can use them both interactively). That's what I unsure of. 

Thanks 

Hello, @KT420 

May I ask if you have the instructions in the reference FAQ or the setting instructions on page 58 of the PRIME PROART TUF GAMING INTEL 700 Series BIOS Manual ( English Edition )?

You can complete the configuration of using discrete graphics and integrated graphics at the same time by setting [iGPU Multi-Monitor] to [Enabled].

Thank you.

Yes. And i also check in BIOS. iGPU setting is available in BIOS