This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motherboard PRIME A320M-K Windows 10 BSOD

Ricardo_63
Star I

Long time ago I started a new message, about to a PRIME A320M-K motherboard, with troubles as; BIOS boot process, halted with "F2" "DEL" screen and OS windows 10 it restarted with the Blue Screen Of Dead screen BSOD.

As support replies with ambiguous replies and happens more often Windows 10 BSOD failure and check visible flaws on motherboard and so on connectors and so others, I come to me the idea by remove one of memory bank.

What happened?

The failure ceased, if someone could think saying it was the memory bank, I have swap memory banks with the same result (No BSOD).

Clearly seems problem becomes ASUS, so I inform to ASUS support. What was response?

Ambiguous responses, update bios and others software drivers (check MEMORY / DEVICE COMPATIBILITY) and claim again who sold motherboard dealer.

I told the support agent this kind of issue should be analyzed by engineering side at ASUS factory with no further response.

As said, buying an ASUS product is and will be a headache and waste of money for nothing.

11 REPLIES 11

Hello, @Ricardo_63 

Upon confirmation, PRIME A320M-K  supports two BIOS update methods: EZ Update and EZ Flash 3. 
We recommend trying both methods.
May I inquire whether the BSOD occurs in Safe Mode as well?
Additionally, BSOD often occurs due to factors such as drive viruses or aging. 
Therefore, we also suggest removing all SSD/HDD and cross-testing with a new system disk.

Thank you.

Ricardo_63
Star I

Thanks.
I have tried update BIOS by;
ASUS EZ Flash 3 mode.
I only could update to version 5606, all of the rest update version files, it always displayed the same message “ EZ Flash Selected file is not a proper BIOS!”

With " I suite3" program:

By internet option, it popup the following alert message;
"There is no need to update the environment"

By manually update by selecting BIOS file it displayed the following message:
“The model of the bios image doesn’t match the BIOS ROM currently present”

It seems ASUS bios update no matter what it try, because “it doesn't work” I can’t understand why ASUS still without solve.

About, virus programs I use Microsoft default program and when happens BSOD issue, Windows events logs it always references to the same ID which is related to power issue and what ever recommendation it tried it not solve anything it happens often again.

Hello, @Ricardo_63 

If you have attempted BIOS updates multiple times without success, including cross-testing with USB, we recommend reaching out to customer service and arranging a repair for assistance with the BIOS update process.
Regarding BSOD, may I ask if removing all SSD/HDD and cross-testing with a new system disk helps in resolving the issue?
If not, you may also consider noting the problem when sending it for repair to provide relevant personnel information for further verification.

Thank you.

Hi, thanks.

About arranging a repair for assistance with the BIOS update process, I guess service center will charge with a cost and BIOS update issue is out of any relationship with customers.
By the other way, I have check there are many customers with the same issue, and what propose ASUS to make and update it doesn’t work.

Despite all my attempts of complain to ASUS (starting from dealer who sold motherboard and so on with any ASUS channels) with no concrete answer of my complains and moreover without solve issue causing elapse time have gone with the entailed warranty expiration therefore, who will assume? Why have to assume as fooled mistake because have trusted on ASUS as a reliable product?

Regarding to BSOD have make, format low and high level OS, install different Windows 10 version (couldn’t with another HDD).
I need a solution, I have made for many years any kind of test which conclude as a useless of wasting time.

Hello, @Ricardo_63 

Kindly refer again to the troubleshooting steps outlined in the "[Motherboard] Solution to Blue Screen Of Death" guide.
This includes reinstalling drivers, restoring the operating system, and removing newly installed updates. Additionally, please try to replicate the blue screen issue in Safe Mode, and if necessary, perform a PC reset.
As mentioned earlier, both software and hardware issues can potentially cause intermittent BSOD occurrences.
If troubleshooting steps fail to yield results, we recommend contacting and arranging for diagnostic repair services.

Thank you.