This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIOS mode and Secure Boot

jonusis10
Star II

As I enter msinfo32, the BIOS mode is empty (none) and the Secure Boot is unsupported, while as in BIOS Secure Boot is enabled and cannot be changed. Anyone had similar problems? I have updated to the latest BIOS update for my motherboard PRIME H310M-R R2.0

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Its okay man, dont worry about the delays, we all have our own things to do... Anyway, back to my current situation - I HAVE DONE IT! I have finally upgraded to windows 11, but it was an actual journey 😄 After I got annoyed and tired of windows I finally migrated to Linux, no problems there and it had no problem running woth CSM disabled (while on windows my pc would send me back to bios after a reset). Linux was intresting, but didnt satisfy my needs by how unsupported it is in most programs, apps, ect. I decided to get back to windows and oh my God after the fresh instalation Secure Boot was bring back to life together with BIOS mode due to windows installing while the CSM is turned off... 

Ofc all this took roughly 2 days to figure everything out, windows has it's problems, linux has it's. But Im happy with the end result 😁😁😁

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

lmacmil2
Star III

Did you check the secure boot status in another program like Hwinfo64 or Settings-->privacy & security-->windows security-->device security?

I have checked it, nothing shows up there besides that I have set my TPM to 2.0...

Hello @jonusis10 

Could you please let us know what specific setup you need to complete, such as Windows update, whether your BIOS version is 2208, and if the TPM module is already connected to the TPM connector on the motherboard?
If possible, we recommend cross-testing with a TPM module rather than a TPM 2.0 specification.

Please share screenshots showing "Secure Boot is unsupported" from msinfo32, along with the following information, to help us better understand the situation:
- the image of the BIOS main page, Advanced Mode page, Secure Boot setting pages, and all the manual settings in BIOS
- the brand and model name of the CPU, GPU, RAM (part number and installed slots as well), SSD/HDD, and PSU currently installed
- are there any extensions or adapters used to connect any devices, such as GPU or SSD?
- the OS version and OS build

Thank you.

Hello @Jiaszzz_ASUS,  Thanks for drawing attention to my problem! Lets get into that. The update I'm reaching out for is Windows 10 to Windows 11 update, on PC Health Check program the only thing required is Secure Boot being supported for my PC. As I mentioned, inside msinfo32 it is unsupported, however inside the BIOS it is enabled and cannot be changed. Here I will provide picture on msinfo32 (msinfo32 is in my native language soo i placed translations to important parts). I wish I could put out some more pictures but only 1 attachment is allowed for me, soo I will put it trough multiple replys.