This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B550M USB-C Compatibility

Delta4Media
Star I

Is the B550M TUF Gaming Motherboard compatible with a USB-C PCIe Expansion Card, and can I use it for Video, or will I need to connect it to the GPU (ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Dual White OC 8GB GDDR6X Video Card)?

2 REPLIES 2

smithalex
Star I

@Delta4Media wrote:

Is the B550M TUF Gaming Motherboard compatible with a USB-C PCIe Expansion Card, and can I use it for Video, or will I need to connect it to the GPU (ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Dual White OC 8GB GDDR6X Video Card)?

Yes, the B550M TUF Gaming motherboard is compatible with a USB-C PCIe expansion card. However, for video output, you will need to connect it to your GPU (ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti). The USB-C expansion card itself typically does not handle video signals directly unless it specifically supports video output. locksmith

halesmin
Star I

@Delta4Media wrote:

Is the B550M TUF Gaming Motherboard compatible with a USB-C PCIe Expansion Card, and can I use it for Video, or will I need to connect it to the GPU (ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Dual White OC 8GB GDDR6X Video Card) Painting Services In Ajax

Generally, USB-C PCIe expansion cards are used for data transfer rather than video output. To use USB-C for video, you'll likely need to connect the card to your GPU if the card supports video output through USB-C, but it's more common to use the GPU's native video outputs for video connections.