This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Tuf z790-plus wifi 2 x 8-pin EPS question

NotaUsername
Star I

Hi all, not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but here it goes anyway:

I recently purchased a ASUS Tuf z790-plus mobo and intend to initially run a i3 12100 CPU in it. However,  the 600w PSU i current own only has only one 8-pin connector rather than two (i plan on upgrading it alongside a new CPU in the future). I suspect the draw on a non-overclocked 12100 is within the tolerance of one 8-pin connector, is this correct? Moreover, when reading the documentation for the z790 mobo it appears that both 8-pin connectors need to be installed, im wondering if this is nessesary for my temporary configuration. Will my computer run as-is? or should I upgrade my PSU now rather than waiting. 

Thank you,

1 REPLY 1

Jiaszzz_ASUS

Hello, @NotaUsername 

According to the TUF GAMING Z790-PLUS WIFI User’s Manual ( English Edition ), you are required to install three power connectors—A, B, and C—and this means correctly connecting the two 8-pin power plugs.

We recommend referring to the expected hardware configuration for power consumption and referring to the PSU in the motherboard and GPU's QVL.

Thank you.