This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any reason to update to the 1641 or 1646 BIOS?

lmacmil2
Star III

I have a i3-13100 CPU and am running the 1604 BIOS.  Everything is working as it should.  The notes for the 1641 BIOS mention the 14th generation CPU and CEP (whatever that is.)  I don't think my system is affected by this so I am inclined to stick with the 1604 BIOS until there's an update that affects my system.  Anyone disagree with that approach?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jiaszzz_ASUS

Hello, @lmacmil2 

Due to the ongoing local holidays in our area, my response time may experience delays.
I apologize for any inconvenience the delayed replies may have caused.

Generally, BIOS updates are performed either to enhance compatibility after hardware changes or to acquire specific configuration features or parameter adjustments.
If your current hardware configuration is stable, you may evaluate the need for a BIOS update based on your usage scenario and requirements.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Jiaszzz_ASUS

Hello, @lmacmil2 

Due to the ongoing local holidays in our area, my response time may experience delays.
I apologize for any inconvenience the delayed replies may have caused.

Generally, BIOS updates are performed either to enhance compatibility after hardware changes or to acquire specific configuration features or parameter adjustments.
If your current hardware configuration is stable, you may evaluate the need for a BIOS update based on your usage scenario and requirements.

Thank you.