This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Mouse & Keyboard (Logitech) not working (ASUS ROG Strix 49” Ultra-wide Curved Monitor)

superjb
Star I

I recently purchased the ASUS ROG Strix 49” Ultra-wide Curved Monitor

I have this setup with 2 laptops, split screen working.
However, I have a wireless mouse+keyboard (logitech). They plug into the laptop via a (traditional) USB-A receiver.
ExampleLogitech USB receiver

I have this plugged into my monitor, but it's not detected at all.  It works fine individually on each laptop on its own so it's definitely not a battery issue. 

So currently, I'm swapping the receiver between laptops. But what do I need to do to fix this so I can just plug this into the monitor and have both laptops detect it? 

2 REPLIES 2

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @superjb ,

according to the issue you have mentioned, are you currently using the ROG Strix XG49VQ monitor?
Have you checked if the Logitech receiver can be connected to the monitor for usage?
Currently, you have set up one monitor and two laptops. After enabling screen splitting, can you successfully display three separate screens on the monitor?
Are the keyboard and mouse functioning properly on the screen?
Please provide the model number of the laptops. 

Thank you.

superjb
Star I

@Aureliannn_ASUS, thanks for getting back to me.  Answers to your questions:

> Are you currently using the ROG Strix XG49VQ monitor?
I have the  XG49WCR

Have you checked if the Logitech receiver can be connected to the monitor for usage?
How can I check if my Logitech [keyboard + mouse] are compatible with this Asus monitor?

After enabling screen splitting, can you successfully display three separate screens on the monitor?

• Three separate screens? I'm only hooking up 2 laptops to the monitor
  • laptop1 -> monitor <- laptop2
  • I have the monitor currently split 50/50 for each laptop

Are the keyboard and mouse functioning properly on the screen?

• If I insert the receiver in laptop1, the keyboard works fine and the mouse shows on the portion of the screen reserved for laptop1. When I click alt+s (default swap settings), the mouse is disabled for laptop1 but doesn't appear on laptop2. When I click alt+s again, the mouse is re-enabled on laptop1.
  • If I insert the receiver in laptop2, the keyboard works fine and the mouse shows on the portion of the screen reserved for laptop2. When I click alt+s (default swap settings), the mouse is disabled for laptop2 but doesn't appear on laptop1. When I click alt+s again, the mouse is re-enabled on laptop2.
  • If I insert the receiver into the monitor directly, nothing happens.

Provide the model number of the laptops

• laptop1 (main 1 hooked up to the monitor):
    • DELL XPS 15 9510
    • 64-bit
    • Windows 11 Home

• laptop2 (connected via usb-c)
    • Surface Laptop 4
    • 64-bit
    • Windows 11 Enterprise