This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken digitizer panel

BillL1
Star I

My daughter has an MB249C to use when traveling as it is required due to low vision.  It got broken in transit. It is not visible when looking at the exterior but definitely is broken. Can it be repaired for a reasonable cost or can I order a replacement digitizer screen and install myself?  Or do I need to get her a new monitor?  

Question 2- since travel is required with the monitor - - If I make a sandwich panel of carbon fiber to prevent twisting or point loads, how stiff does it need to be torsionally?  The monitor frame (with the broken interior) seems to be pretty flexible. 

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2

Hello,

If the monitor is still under warranty, contacting ASUS support might be the best to repair it!

Best Regard

MyCoveredCalifornia

Sorry for delayed response - - I had already called and spoken to the ASUS support group. ASUS does not have digitizer parts nor repairs the unit.  Warranty is out as it was broken by an airline who doesn't cover such things. Sad, but it will just add to electrical waste I have to pay to ship to a foreign "recovery" center. I'll just get a new one an make vault to protect the replacement piece. It is a nice monitor.