This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken GPU, no Serial Number

delleae
Star I

I bought a computer with an ASUS brand Geoforce RTX 3060 in late November, and the gpu broke this month. I'm well within the warranty period, but my GPU doesn't have a SN sticker on it and I, of course, recycled its box a few months ago without registering for the warranty.

Am I going to be forced to buy a whole new card over this, rather than a warranty repair/replace?

3 REPLIES 3

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @delleae ,

may I ask which product you have purchased? Is it a laptop or a graphics card? 

Can you please private message us the receipt or invoice of your purchase for verification? 

Additionally, please provide photos of the external appearance of the graphics card. 

What specific issue are you experiencing with the graphics card? Can you provide a detailed description of the situation in which the problem occurs? 

Thank you.

It's a graphics card. I purchased it with the rest of the PC through a third-party seller.

When connected, the card stops sending signals to monitors randomly, usually within about 20 seconds of startup. Sometimes it lasts as long as two minutes before it crashes. The event log shows a crash but then claims the device "recovered successfully" while the monitors continued to get no signal.

I was able to swap out with a temporary gpu and have had no issues with that one, so it's not an issue with my monitors.

Hi @delleae ,

thank you for reaching out to us. 

Regarding the product serial number issue, could you please check if there is a serial number sticker attached to the back of the graphic card? 

How to find Product Serial Number and Check Number | Official Support | ASUS Global

We recommend that you first contact your seller to verify the issue. 

Thank you.