This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just going to say it - loss of headphone jack sucks

long_gregg
Star I
I'm just going to say it even though there is nothing I can do about it. The loss of the headphone jack is a tremendous disappointment to me. This phone was tailor made for it. It has a big screen and a huge battery which makes it a prefect media consumption device. I don't game at all and I love this phone. Even MKBHD gave it a very favorable rating last year for this reason alone. I would often sit at my desk with my comfortable headphones on watching YouTube and Netflix on slow days on the ROG2. No worrying about charging bluetooth earbuds and nothing jammed in my ear canal which invariably hurts after a while. And if you are actually a gamer I can't but imagine that a wired headphone and mic would be very much a preferred option. Really believe this was a big mistake. I can't see any reason to have done this with a phone that has plenty of room to keep the jack.
38 REPLIES 38

mamat72
Star I
Anders_ASUS

We really did want to keep the headphone jack. It was not an easy decision to remove it but it was necessary in order to fit everything else. It might seem like a small component in such a big phone but when there's no space, then there's no space and we needed everything else.

View post
I'm Rog phone 2 user and because rog phone 3 not having headphone jack.rog phone is no longer my priority if I want to upgrade.However, if rog phone 4 have a headphone jack than rog phone can be my priority in case I need to upgrade my phone

kchinnavigneshr
Rising Star II
I might sound ridiculous but the reason for me selecting RoG Phone 2 over OnePlus was solely for 3.5mm jack. Now that it's gone and the negative experience I'm having with Asus software and hardware (Mostly battery). I feel to lean towards other brands. I know every device has its own issues but how manufacturers handle or acknowledge it also counts. Seriously no 3.5mm jack is a bummer, atleast for me.

Aryan202
Community Legend I
kchinnavigneshraja

I might sound ridiculous but the reason for me selecting RoG Phone 2 over OnePlus was solely for 3.5mm jack. Now that it's gone and the negative experience I'm having with Asus software and hardware (Mostly battery). I feel to lean towards other brands. I know every device has its own issues but how manufacturers handle or acknowledge it also counts. Seriously no 3.5mm jack is a bummer, atleast for me.

View post
Maybe go with the upcoming Zenfone 7 series then?
If leaks are correct there may be a premium Zenfone 7 pro this year
It retains the jack,has a 5k mah battery, probably a high refresh rate OLED this year and good software support and development
Plus has a sd slot expandable upto 2tb

NBPDC505
Star III
I had an ROG phone 2 and didn't use the headphone jack a single time. In fact, with wireless audio being so prevalent I don't anticipate using an analog jack again in any device.

Not applicable
NBPDC505

I had an ROG phone 2 and didn't use the headphone jack a single time. In fact, with wireless audio being so prevalent I don't anticipate using an analog jack again in any device.

View post
You not using the jack doesn't mean people don't use it, does it? I use and i bet 80% of rog2 users use it instead of charging dumb bluetooth headphones.