This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Zenfone 5z is the worst phone which I have purchased

May be with others or not but sharing my personal experience irrespective of the platform which this is for.
Zenfone 5z is the worst phone which I ever purchased. I won't ever buy Asus phone. This phone touch hangs every now and then...
12 REPLIES 12

BrunoF20
Zen Master I
Can't disagree.
iPhone 3GS (2009, no problems, still my sports music player), Lumia 920 (2012, overheat, fixed - 1 month), LG G2 (2013, retention, changed - 1 week), Lumia 930 (2014, no problems, sold before the last major update), Xperia Z3 Compact (2015, no problems, perfect), Samsung Galaxy S7 (2016, front camera misaligned, minor issue - common), iPhone 8 Plus (2017, no problems, perfect)...I never had to tweak, fix or put up with so many problems as with 5Z!
I see the moderators are working hard, some are very kind and helpful (@Anders_ASUS, @CH_ASUS, @gabriel_prado), and the team is looking into 3 touch bug fixes for the upcoming firmware updates.
But this after years of users posting it on the Old Zentalk. Since the release of the device.
Gaming lag, UI stuttering, Audio sliders bugged...
This is my worst experience too, the touch bugs brings me back to the resistive touchscreen experience.

burakterzi91
Rising Star I
BrunoF20

Can't disagree.

iPhone 3GS (2009, no problems, still my sports music player), Lumia 920 (2012, overheat, fixed - 1 month), LG G2 (2013, retention, changed - 1 week), Lumia 930 (2014, no problems, sold before the last major update), Xperia Z3 Compact (2015, no problems, perfect), Samsung Galaxy S7 (2016, front camera misaligned, minor issue - common), iPhone 8 Plus (2017, no problems, perfect)...I never had to tweak, fix or put up with so many problems as with 5Z!

I see the moderators are working hard, some are very kind and helpful (@Anders_ASUS, @CH_ASUS, @gabriel_prado), and the team is looking into 3 touch bug fixes for the upcoming firmware updates.

But this after years of users posting it on the Old Zentalk. Since the release of the device.

This is my worst experience too, the touch bugs brings me back to the resistive touchscreen experience.

View post
I agree but,
In addition, battery consumption on android 10 is excessive and not developed.
Android 9 better battery save -_-

BrunoF20
Zen Master I
burakterzi91

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/88350#Comment_88350

I agree but,

In addition, battery consumption on android 10 is excessive and not developed.

Android 9 better battery save -_-

View post
Very true. I killed Facebook telemetry and got an improvement, but still not like Pie.

Aryan202
Community Legend I
BrunoF20

Can't disagree.

View post
Hm weird
On .87 I don't have any issues
No gaming lag
UI is constant 60fps (checked with profile hwui rendering in developer settings and fps meter in FKM)
This audio slider bug was fixed in .87 (it was specifically mentioned in changelog)