cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISPLAY BROKEN

vicky_cool179
Star II
Dear Team,
My mobile was on charge, Minutes later I take it out from the charger and tried to unlock the screen, it lights up for a second and then it goes black. Try to unlock again and it’s all black. Try to turn it off and I can feel vibration feedback. Upon closer inspection I discover cracks beneath the glass, the display cracked from the inside !
As i was using my phone regularly with no drops/ hits and i was also using a silicon cover too.
There is NO visible physical damage or impact point outside of the phone and both the glass protector and the actual outer glass of the phone had no cracks. I was extremely disappointed to see a crack on my new/ expensive smartphone.
Then i had contacted asus service representative for the same, they replied me due to ongoing lockdown in your city, service centers are not operating. Then on 1st June I contacted REGENERSIS which is a service center for asus products, so they asked me for the invoice copy and also the rog pictures of every side. After some time they called me and replied with the silly answer like inner display might be get damaged because of finger impression and placing the phone inside pant pocket and it will be covered under physical damage and you have to bear the cost and they denied to do under warranty.
I am EXTREMELY SHOCKED that the screen cracked from the inside and that I am being HELD LIABLE FOR AN ADDITIONAL ISSUE I DID NOT CAUSE.
From the many cases just like mine, it has become clear that ASUS has a defect in the ROG 2 screens same as ROG 1 screen.
Now asus, please help at this point and tell me what to do.
@Anders_ASUS @CH_ASUS
attached pics fyr.

44 REPLIES 44

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@vicky.cool179 Sorry to hear about your display. This is however something you will need to discuss with your local service center, as we can't make an assessment about what caused the damage from over here.

Lxndr
Star II
I know there's an issue with the Rog Phone 1 like this, documented here forum.xda-developers.com/rog-phone/how-to/consumer-alert-asus-service-center-t3925942

May be worth looking into similar issues for Rog Phone 2, if you find other users that had the same issue.

gonzaaa_92
Rising Star II
Besides the 120Hrz, the display of this phone is to me a disappointment. Not onbly because of this but also the red tint issue. I hope the ROG 3 comes with a screen that is in terms of quality in accordance with the price of it. 120Hrz is great but if greys are red... whats the point if it can't reproduce all colors correctly?

vicky_cool179
Star II
Gustav_ASUS

@vicky.cool179 Sorry to hear about your display. This is however something you will need to discuss with your local service center, as we can't make an assessment about what caused the damage from over here.

View post
Thanks for the reply. As soon as the service centers are open, i'll update the same.

akhilj66
Rising Star II
gonzaaa.92

Besides the 120Hrz, the display of this phone is to me a disappointment. Not onbly because of this but also the red tint issue. I hope the ROG 3 comes with a screen that is in terms of quality in accordance with the price of it. 120Hrz is great but if greys are red... whats the point if it can't reproduce all colors correctly?

View post
Agreed agreed agreed.
Can't agree more.
I watch a lot of movies on my mobile and I mostly turn off the light and dim the display but at low brightness grey turns reddish which is really annoying. Talking about color accuracy, in my opinion due to this issue Rog2 drastically fails in this aspect due to the red tint issue.
I cannot afford another flagship within so short period of time and even if rog3 fixes this issue it won't matter to me. Honestly, I am loyal customer to Samsung but due to the gaming features and all the other features I left Samsung but now I feel that I should have stuck with Samsung. ROG 3 or ROG 4, Asus is not having my loyalty.