kumariveena981
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus Zenfone Max pro M1
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not: NOT ROOTED
Frequency of Occurrence: EVERYTIME
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I ROOTED my phone yesterday and unlocked bootloader and flashed magisk with the TWRP recovery. My phone sensor(gyro),camera and WhatsApp image sharing was not working. So I decided to unroot it. I simply unistalled the magisk manager and successfully unrooted it . But my bootloader is still unlocked. Will I still able to get the FOTA update of Android 10 coming 12th of june.if not then how can I get that. Please help
13 REPLIES 13

kumariveena981
Star II
Akasha

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/29752/fota-upadte-after-unlocking-bootloader

Well, probably you didn't flash the decrypt zip right after installing TWRP. Anyway, nothing could be done about it now. There's still a way, that is to repeat the same this time before flashing magisk, flash pie decrypt zip available on XDA website.

I doubt you will do it again.

About Unrooting, uninstalling the magisk manager does nothing at all. Install magisk manager again and press on the uninstall icon present in the magisk manager itself to unroot it.

You will be able to relock bootloader and receive fota update only if you followed the unofficial method of unlocking bootloader. For more details search on Google (Get guides from YouTube or XDA).

That's all there's to it.

View post
kprsnt

May be its due to persist issue, restore persist it will solve ur problem

If u unlock ur bootloader either official or unofficial, you won't receive FOTa, bcz in also did unofficially and I never received any fota

View post
Akasha

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/29752/fota-upadte-after-unlocking-bootloader

Well, probably you didn't flash the decrypt zip right after installing TWRP. Anyway, nothing could be done about it now. There's still a way, that is to repeat the same this time before flashing magisk, flash pie decrypt zip available on XDA website.

I doubt you will do it again.

About Unrooting, uninstalling the magisk manager does nothing at all. Install magisk manager again and press on the uninstall icon present in the magisk manager itself to unroot it.

You will be able to relock bootloader and receive fota update only if you followed the unofficial method of unlocking bootloader. For more details search on Google (Get guides from YouTube or XDA).

That's all there's to it.

View post
I followed the unofficial method. Thanks for helping me out.

Boss1999
Star III
kumariveena981

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Asus Zenfone Max pro M1
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not: NOT ROOTED
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: EVERYTIME
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I ROOTED my phone yesterday and unlocked bootloader and flashed magisk with the TWRP recovery. My phone sensor(gyro),camera and WhatsApp image sharing was not working. So I decided to unroot it. I simply unistalled the magisk manager and successfully unrooted it . But my bootloader is still unlocked. Will I still able to get the FOTA update of Android 10 coming 12th of june.if not then how can I get that. Please help

FOTA UPADTE AFTER UNLOCKING BOOTLOADER
Bro... There will be no FOTA Update coming on 12 June of Android 10 for Asus Max Pro M1... And by the way... If you unlock your bootloader in unofficial / Official manner you will not get any FOTA UPDATE while unlocked your Bootloader... 1st you have to Relock your bootloader then probably you will get 50-59% chances you will get FOTA Update or not... Because, Rooting makes the device break for FOTA Updates... And Also... You can System Update By Manual Mehtod.
Hope You Understand

victor010
Zen Master III
Hi, you will not get updates via OTA if you unlock the bootloader, It's better if you keep your bootloader locked, your warranty will be void as soon as you unlock the bootloader.

raza231198
Star III
victor2020

Hi, you will not get updates via OTA if you unlock the bootloader, It's better if you keep your bootloader locked, your warranty will be void as soon as you unlock the bootloader.

View post
What if unlocked already 😂

I have relocked bootloader , and tried to install 087 update manually but it's showing this update is for 15.2016.1906.340, what should I do?? Help me please
img-20200913-wa0001.jpg