Any chance for T-Mobile VoLTE support?

AlDollazAlDollaz Level 1
edited September 2020 in ZenFone 6

In the near future? 😊️

Comments

• AlDollazAlDollaz Level 1

To the top. T-Moblie is the carrier most ZenFone 6 users use in the USA. It should have VoLTE support.

• We are aware that VoLTE is a frequently requested feature. At this time, there are no active plans to support VoLTE in the US for ZenFone 6.

Rest assured that we read all of the feedback and are very aware that US customers would like to see the feature in the future.

• dt808dt808 Level 2

speaking for myself, i would consider volte more of a necessity than a feature. some of us here believe the lack of volte is the reason why we have call and messaging issues on t-mobile in the us. i dont know what it would take to enable but if it fixes my issues then i would rate this phone the best i ever owned LOL.

• _jis__jis_ Level 5

Rest assured that we read all of the feedback and are very aware that US customers would like to see the feature in the future.

Wait, not only US customers, but all customers everywhere in the world.

edited May 2020

I should have done more research before buying this phone. What a mistake. Now I can't return it because I unlocked the bootloader.

That's totally my fault, but still. A device made in 2019 doesn't support VoLTE for the most popular ZF6 carrier in the US is beyond silly.

• dt808dt808 Level 2

yup. and to think i used to worry about camera quality, speed, battery life etc... i never thought my biggest problem with a phone would be something it was designed to do - phone calls lol.

but just an fyi after turning off wifi calling with the dialer code my phone calls have been working well. it's only been a day but people i speak with on the phone say they notice a huge difference in voice quality.

Any chance you could share that dialer code?

I'm only aware of #*#4636#*#

Thanks!

• Since you unlocked the bootloader you can probably use this guide to enable volte https://forum.xda-developers.com/rog-phone-2/how-to/guide-enabling-volte-vowifi-v2-t4028073 other Zenfone 6 users have said it works with TMobile

• dt808dt808 Level 2

*#*#3642623344#*#*

This was posted by another user on this forum and is from the same link as the post above. This will enable the options for 'Enhanced 4g LTE Mode', 'Wi Fi calling', and Carrier video calling in mobile network settings. I left 'Enhanced 4g LTE Mode' on and turned off 'Wi Fi calling'. Keep in mind these options go away after a reboot but it seems the settings still remain on the phone. Hope this helps.

• dt808dt808 Level 2

i used the dialer code from the link in the post above this one:

*#*#3642623344#*#*

This will enable wifi calling option in mobile settings. I turned it off. Keep in mind these settings disappear after rebooting the phone so you may need to do it again after every reboot but it's worth it for me lol.

• dt808dt808 Level 2

weird i can't post the code. anyway i used the dialer code from the link in the post above this one from xda-developers.

This will enable wifi calling option in mobile settings. I turned it off. Keep in mind these settings disappear after rebooting the phone so you may need to do it again after every reboot but it's worth it for me lol.

Sadly didn't work for me. Time to buy a OnePlus. *sigh*

• dt808dt808 Level 2
    edited May 2020

hmmm really? u did this right...

and i didnt toggle mobile data on and off. the wifi calling settings just appeared in the menu so i turned it off.

Yes. Wi-fi calling was already visible in my options. I turned it off and will see if it has any effect.

This discussion has been closed.