This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery performance update

Subhendu
Rising Star I
Hello @asus Could you tell me when I. getting the update for battery drain problem .The rate battery is draining it's not feel like a 6000 mah though.
77 REPLIES 77

sagarreddysag
Rising Star II
mayurvichare28

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/74742#Comment_74742

I have done that and after the update of A10 i am facing the issue.. please send us update for the batter backup.. U guys need to take this seriously.. i dont understand why u guys are not understanding the problems and not giving a proper solution for the same.

View post
After the latest update there is a huge battery improvement . Idk why some devices still have that problems.
Maybe there is some apps using more battery.
Trust me I only reply honestly there is a huge improvement in battery in past I used to get 7-8 hrs of chrome screen on time after the update it's has gone upto 10-11 hrs screen on time using chrome.

taufiq_sabirin
Star III
I can share my battery performance for this 2nd update. It is much better than the 1st release of A10 yet still behind A9 (perhaps need lot of calibration).
I am using this screen 9 hours almost non stop by reading Manga on Opera dan Vivaldi. I don't use powersave mode.
I'm pretty sure that the were several apps caused the battery drain for your case. Perhaps you can start it from re-install FB, Instagram or any resource hungry app in background. You should use the accubattery to detect this rogue app.

Here's my 1st performance after update to 2002.32 from A9 (manual update not from FOTA).
MXTUB1CLX2PA.jpg
LAMZDORBZE0B.jpg
VL12CXZDS2FT.jpg
The drain around 1.5% - 1.2% without powersave mode and around 0.9% - 1% under powersave mode (when I left the phone to sleep as you can see the clock).
My activites were video call on WhatsApp for 1 hours and read manga for rest of the time.

IHG0GS4NVE1M.jpg

I can say that this is a great achievement.
Keep up the good work there Dev team! @Anders_ASUS

la10sooony8002
Star III
taufiq.sabirin

I can share my battery performance for this 2nd update. It is much better than the 1st release of A10 yet still behind A9 (perhaps need lot of calibration).

I am using this screen 9 hours almost non stop by reading Manga on Opera dan Vivaldi. I don't use powersave mode.

I'm pretty sure that the were several apps caused the battery drain for your case. Perhaps you can start it from re-install FB, Instagram or any resource hungry app in background. You should use the accubattery to detect this rogue app.

Here's my 1st performance after update to 2002.32 from A9 (manual update not from FOTA).

MXTUB1CLX2PA.jpg

LAMZDORBZE0B.jpg

VL12CXZDS2FT.jpg

The drain around 1.5% - 1.2% without powersave mode and around 0.9% - 1% under powersave mode (when I left the phone to sleep as you can see the clock).

My activites were video call on WhatsApp for 1 hours and read manga for rest of the time.

IHG0GS4NVE1M.jpg

I can say that this is a great achievement.

Keep up the good work there Dev team! @Anders_ASUS

View post
They will screw it next update. Don't worry

Aryan202
Community Legend I
la10sooony8002

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/74774#Comment_74774

They will screw it next update. Don't worry

View post
Be optimistic bruh
This was the first update after stable A10 update and it seems to have improved performance and battery optimisation
Future updates will further refine system stability 🙂

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
mayurvichare28

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/21687#Comment_21687

Even i am facing the same issue with rog phone 2.. i have noticed that after i updated my phone to android 10 . I have started facing issue like battery drainage , heating problems, and charging issue .. and phone doesn't even last for 6 hours now.. but before the update of android 10 my used to last for 14 to 16 hours even after playing pubg onmy phone.. it's really irritating now please give a update on battery issue and heating problems asap.

View post
First of all, restart your device. It solves a lot of issues. Your phone will work better if you restart it once per week.
Second, go to system settings -> battery -> powermaster -> auto-start manager and prevent all the apps to auto start that you don't need a notification from.
After this go to system settings -> advanced -> Mobile Manager -> Memory cleaner -> Turn on Super Clean mode -> enter app list and uncheck any app that you must get notifications from -> go back -> open recent apps overview and press clear all.
Restart your phone. 
If you notice that you battery life has improved, then you have a battery draining app among the apps that are no longer allowed to start by themselves.
If the tricks above do not work, then please put your phone in flight mode when you go to bed. If you have lost more than a couple of percent after 8h sleep, then there might be a bug in the system that we have to investigate.