This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 popping sound when you play a music or received a message.

januspacis
Star I
ZF Model: ZB631KL
RAM: 6G
Firmware/APP Version: n/a
Frequency of Occurrence: Playing a music or even selecting a ringtone
Rooted: No
APP Name: n/a

[Asus max m2 pro] When I play the music, sometimes there's a 1 popping sound and even when you received a message there's a 1 popping sound from the start . I tried it with headset,speaker, bluetooth headset but there's still the popping on the start of the music. (tried it also in safemode). Is it normal or I should return it? Just bought it on 24 February 2019.
11 REPLIES 11

ServiceH_ASUS
Star III
januspacis posted on 2019/3/1 01:08 2 Asus service center won't accept it as a defect because we tried it in different version of Asus ...
Hi januspacis Good day Sorry, we're afraid we may need information on your problem. The sound problem can't be replicated on test model. Please provide any videos available that would show this matter(short static noise) Thank you:)

januspacis
Star I
Selena_ASUS posted on 2019/3/4 15:21 Hi januspacis Good day
There's a thread similar to mine, the popping/cracking sound only appears in some applications.Techs from service center already checked it on smmi test. Since they only accept a phone with defect when it fails in smmi test. Then I don't know which one has the problem, the hardware or the software?. Sorry, I cant post any video rn but you can clearly hear it if you spam press{continuous) the "new message" ringtone in settings. The popping sound that you can hear from that is the sound you can hear from some application with popping sound in the phone. (The popping sound from the "new message" ringtone can be hear to all Zenfone max since we tried it at the service center). Btw the popping sound is not continuous but you can hear it sometimes.For example, a song with 2:00 duration and the popping sound only ticks every 10 or 20s. Sometimes it is annoying so I think this thing should be fix if its proven a software problem.