This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why red tint is still present after A10 update?

akhilj66
Rising Star II
I and many others have reported this issue.
I want to know whether it can be fixed by software patch or it's an issue with my unit, in that case I'll need to take my phone to service center.
Please respond, I need answers.
@Anders_ASUS
@CH_ASUS
@LP_ASUS
67 REPLIES 67

akhilj66
Rising Star II
anjubunny123

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/51768#Comment_51768

You wouldn't believe if I said I shot this at 120 Hz ,0% brightness please refer my picture,I guess @akhilj66 has more tint than anyone

1VCVORBBBJ07.jpg

I'll post another pic Tomorrow shot by better camera,so that Red tint is purely visible.but I'll clarify this my panel is not as bad as @akhilj66

View post
First of all issue, the testing enviornment is not same, unless and until both phones are kept side by side it cannot be proved that you have more red tint or I have more red tint.
The issue at hand is that, there is red tint on rog 2 which everyone including you agrees to and which should not be there. We want to know what Asus is doing to fix this issue.

Aryan202
Community Legend I
akhilj66

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/52023#Comment_52023

First of all issue, the testing enviornment is not same, unless and until both phones are kept side by side it cannot be proved that you have more red tint or I have more red tint.

The issue at hand is that, there is red tint on rog 2 which everyone including you agrees to and which should not be there. We want to know what Asus is doing to fix this issue.

View post
Some form of tint is inevitable on all high oleds (whether it be a P4XL,OP7P/T it something else)
The higher Hz you go the more prominent the tint becomes there's no way around it unless OEMs begin using some new tech
And yes tint is one of the downsides of an OLED along with a couple of other things
It's less noticeable on android 10 cos switched much of the UI elements to aosp black (it kinda hides the tint as it it's not noticeable as much as it was in grey bg)
So yes it's a hardware thing , software or an ota can't solve it
Just look it up on Google results will pop up from almost every major OEM using an OLED with high display Hz out there
And yeah it's not only noticeable at low brightness levels

akhilj66
Rising Star II
Averan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/52024#Comment_52024

Some form of tint is inevitable on all high oleds (whether it be a P4XL,OP7P/T it something else)

The higher Hz you go the more prominent the tint becomes there's no way around it unless OEMs begin using some new tech

And yes tint is one of the downsides of an OLED along with a couple of other things

It's less noticeable on android 10 cos switched much of the UI elements to aosp black (it kinda hides the tint as it it's not noticeable as much as it was in grey bg)

So yes it's a hardware thing , software or an ota can't solve it

Just look it up on Google results will pop up from almost every major OEM using an OLED with high display Hz out there

And yeah it's not only noticeable at low brightness levels

View post
I agree that tint might be present on other high refresh rate phones. But after going through google, I have checked several of my friends' OP 7pro/T phones(90 Hz) to see if there is a tint and there was no tint, I repeat myself no tint visible. And in most cases if tint is present it's non uniform if caused by hardware. If you see S8's red tint issue it was uniform like rog 2's and they fixed it with an update. The issue we rog 2 users have is most likely caused by wrong color calibration.
If @Anders_ASUS you are working on the fix, please sign me up for that beta update.
And even if it's a hardware issue, I would like Asus to confirm that and whether it can be fixed or not because I bought the phone from them and as you can see Asus is keeping mum on the issue.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
akhilj66

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/52029#Comment_52029

I agree that tint might be present on other high refresh rate phones. But after going through google, I have checked several of my friends' OP 7pro/T phones(90 Hz) to see if there is a tint and there was no tint, I repeat myself no tint visible. And in most cases if tint is present it's non uniform if caused by hardware. If you see S8's red tint issue it was uniform like rog 2's and they fixed it with an update. The issue we rog 2 users have is most likely caused by wrong color calibration.

If @Anders_ASUS you are working on the fix, please sign me up for that beta update.

And even if it's a hardware issue, I would like Asus to confirm that and whether it can be fixed or not because I bought the phone from them and as you can see Asus is keeping mum on the issue.

View post
The degree of red tint is different between panels. If yours is very red, then go to service center after the lock down has ended and let them determine if it's within warranty or not.

Aryan202
Community Legend I
akhilj66

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/52029#Comment_52029

View post
Dude oneplus 7pro/7t has green tint I've literally seen complaints about the tint on their telegram group and it's quite widespread
I'll attach some links and screenshot below
7pro:
6D6KRV1UL356.jpg
Link:
r/oneplus - Message from Oneplus regarding 7T tintOneplus 7t:

So yeah all high Hz devices have some form of display tint
The pixel 4 xl has tint too btw
The severity of it depends on your phone
If it's too much you can try your luck at the service centre but if you want to get rid of it 100% sorry that's not possible pal as it's an hardware thing on oleds.