This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noticed some problems after updating to Android 10

deeppaul589
Zen Master I
1. UI feels quite laggy. Very much notifiable while using Maps by Google, as if the screen is not running at 120Hz.
2. Poorer RAM management, apps close in background, webpages reload more often than used to happen earlier.
3. Not receiving all SMS: While using SMS organizer app by Microsoft, I've noticed I do not receive all SMS sent. The default app receives them fine. But this proble was not there in A9. This could be a problem with the app also.
8 REPLIES 8

deeppaul589
Zen Master I
@Anders_ASUS
@LP_ASUS any comments on these ??

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
deeppaul589

1. UI feels quite laggy. Very much notifiable while using Maps by Google, as if the screen is not running at 120Hz.

2. Poorer RAM management, apps close in background, webpages reload more often than used to happen earlier.

3. Not receiving all SMS: While using SMS organizer app by Microsoft, I've noticed I do not receive all SMS sent. The default app receives them fine. But this proble was not there in A9. This could be a problem with the app also.

Noticed some problems after updating to Android 10
It's quite simple. If you don't notice any difference between 60 and 120 hz, it's because there's no difference. The app is most probably locked to 60Hz or lower. When you're unsure, try to add the app in armory crate and start it again to see in our Real-time info how many fps you get. This won't work with preloaded apps like maps but i tried Waze and that app is locked to 60Hz.
This is Android 10 behaviour. Nothing we can control. You will experience the same on all Android 10 devices.
Could be that Android 10 is more aggressive when it comes to battery management. Go to battery -> battery optimization and remove the optimization from SMS Organizer

deeppaul589
Zen Master I
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/18148/noticed-some-problems-after-updating-to-android-10

1. It's quite simple. If you don't notice any difference between 60 and 120 hz, it's because there's no difference. The app is most probably locked to 60Hz or lower. When you're unsure, try to add the app in armory crate and start it again to see in our Real-time info how many fps you get. This won't work with preloaded apps like maps but i tried Waze and that app is locked to 60Hz.
  2. This is Android 10 behaviour. Nothing we can control. You will experience the same on all Android 10 devices.
  3. Could be that Android 10 is more aggressive when it comes to battery management. Go to battery -> battery optimization and remove the optimization from SMS Organizer

View post
1. It's laggy that's what I'm saying. There are frame drops, it's full of stutters. It used to better in A9.
3. Tried this, still same issue.

xtomylee
Star II
I can confirm that apps are being killed no mater what. Turned off all possible battery savers, optimisations and managers.. that's kinda sux. Ui feels laggy, battery doesn't lasts any longer compared to Android 9. No new features at all. At least I didn't noticed. So basically useless update.