This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Mark 2.0 Benchmark Batter Life 2.0 6hrs only.

Ralph_Christian
Star III
Just did a factory reset. ( Replaced Feb 1 ) 2 weeks used.
PC Mark is the only app installed.
ROG 2 Ultimate Edition.
PCmark work 2.0 benchmark battery.
6hrs
Xmode on
WiFi on
120hz
100% brightness
2BCN7H31WC65.jpg
C82FRBCE66RG.jpg
30 REPLIES 30

Ralph_Christian
Star III
R2TLWNCKE55T.jpg
Z7VQMJ251DOJ.jpg
WKUG2KSDOM6R.jpg
YBGK5EIADREA.jpg
WQGNKG5G2KJS.jpg

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
I will run the same test with 120Hz and full brightness and come back to you. But...
I will have X mode turned off. The reason for this is that you don't know what settings others have applied to their X mode.
I will also activate flight mode. If you're in an area with low reception and have apps that constantly send/receive data, then this will have a severe impact on the final result. It's better to just remove this uncertainty from the equation so there's no reason to question the result.
So I recommend you to run your test again with X mode off and flight mode active

Ralph_Christian
Star III
Anders_ASUS

I will run the same test with 120Hz and full brightness and come back to you. But...

I will have X mode turned off. The reason for this is that you don't know what settings others have applied to their X mode.

I will also activate flight mode. If you're in an area with low reception and have apps that constantly send/receive data, then this will have a severe impact on the final result. It's better to just remove this uncertainty from the equation so there's no reason to question the result.

So I recommend you to run your test again with X mode off and flight mode active

View post
Btw @Anders they recommend to use 200 ca/m2 - nits ? on the brightness level.

As I don't have that kind of equipment to detect the nits or candela.

I just assume to use 100% brightness.

Does x mode have default settings? Can they reset that?

When you say low reception? does it also apply on the Wifi Module? and not the Mobile Data?

Anyways I will try your setup.

XMODE off
100% Brightness Level
Airplane Mode
120hz

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Ralph Christian

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/45087#Comment_45087

Btw @Anders they recommend to use 200 ca/m2 - nits ? on the brightness level.

As I don't have that kind of equipment to detect the nits or candela.

I just assume to use 100% brightness.

Does x mode have default settings? Can they reset that?

When you say low reception? does it also apply on the Wifi Module? and not the Mobile Data?

Anyways I will try your setup.

1. XMODE off
  2. 100% Brightness Level
  3. Airplane Mode
  4. 120hz

View post
200 nits is their standard for this test but then you need to wait forever for the battery to drain. At full brightness (indoors) the screen is closer to 500 nits. I forgot to say that you should disable adaptive brightness too.
When I say low reception, I'm mostly referring to mobile data and I see you have good reception in your case but this might not be the case for someone else who wants to compare and this is why we must all use the same settings.
X-Mode does have a default setting that normally does very little. It basically increases the thermal policy but PcMark is probably white listed which means that it will also overclock or to improve performance. There's also the possibility that someone else has played around with the X-mode settings for this app. If we just remove it from the equation by not activating it, then we don't need to think about it.
So the test should look like this
X-Mode OFF
100% brightness
Adaptive brightness off
120Hz
Airplane Mode active
FYI, the app will change its orientation depending on which test that's running. So it's very easy to accidentally terminate the test by swiping from the wrong side. I did this after several hours of testing when I wanted to check the battery life ?‍♂️