This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When can we expect Android 10 stable release for ROG2 ?

kalyanvarma10
Star I
When can we expect Android 10 stable release for ROG2 ?
83 REPLIES 83

Volodesi
Rising Star II
The Search function is your friend. We get this same kind of post constantly.

There is no exact date. Just "soon".

rohitteju
Star II
Volodesi

The Search function is your friend. We get this same kind of post constantly.

There is no exact date. Just "soon".

View post
After Android 11 Beta starts.

IRONHIDE
Rising Star II
and now samsung has catch up with 120 hz also. it will be a good time now if there will be some game optimization, camera fixes and system update now.. just saying.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
I understand that you want to be able to brag to your friends about having the latest android version before them and you kind of expect it when purchasing a flagship. I fully understand and it's easy to compare to other manufacturers and their models but you have to understand that ROG Phone II is no ordinary phone.
When Google release a new Android version, what the manufacturers get is not a fully finished OS that we can simply push into the phone with some minor modifications. Far from it. Even the Pixel is not using the same code that's released to us.
The reality is that we have to prioritize because we can not release a new Android to all our phones at the same time. Our priority (which is probably the same as for all manufacturers) is to start with the phone(s) that is easiest to update and most important to us at that current time. This could be a newly launched phone followed by the phone with the most active users. In our case, we started with ZenFone 6. We could then use that code as a template with some modifications for older models with a lot of active users without having to rewrite a lot of code. But ROG Phone II is not like those other phones. The specs are very different and it has a lot of accessories. It's probably one of the phones out there which is most complicated to make a new OS for. Again, we don't want to launch something with a lot of bug just get it out as fast as possible. Other manufacturers have made that mistake and they wished they hadn't.
Android 11 (R) will be released by Google in July/August maybe but don't expect to see phones in the wild with this OS until late 2020.
I just want clarify that we want to make as many of our customers happy as possible with the resources we have. I hope you can understand this in the same way as I can understand why you want a new OS as fast as possible?

shubhamswami
Star II
i am currently using Asus Rog 2 and my device is running on android 9 . i want to ask u that when we are getting android 10 update????