This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG PHONE 2 and ROG CETRA

IRONHIDE
Rising Star II
It is hard to play games while playing and charging ROG PHONE 2.. coz the bottom port will block and right hand is not comfortable. wish the dev design the aero cooler fan with type c for audio.. that there is an additional port at the aero cooler fan designed for the ROG CETRA.
33 REPLIES 33

IRONHIDE
Rising Star II
6WBJ97KCOO5U.jpg
this is what i tried. with aero cooler mounted it will work with aerocooler on the port of the aerocooler not the bottom port and it wont work with the L adapter. without the aerocooler mounted, type will work on bottom and side port but with the L adapter it won't.

IRONHIDE
Rising Star II
P2GDCWZB71V1.jpg
this on the other hand happens if you try to attached a connection on the bottom port if you are currenty charging on the aerocooler port.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Well your current headset is not native USB C so it's not the same. And I don't know the pin configuration of that L-adapter you have. You should not assume that all adapters are alike just because they look like USB C. The only standard with USB C is the look of the connector but everything else is NOT standard in any way.
I don't have a Cetra where I am right now but I tried with a DELTA USB C headset and it worked in both ports while charging

IRONHIDE
Rising Star II
OUXZDQVLJL0M.jpg
i borrowed a type c headset and tried it with aerocooler mounted and if plugged in on the bottom port sadly it won't work but in aerocooler port plugged in works well though.

IRONHIDE
Rising Star II
I just bought my rog CETRA and it will not work at the bottom port if aero cooler fan is attached. it would really be helpful if bottom port still supports type c audio peripherals. can you make thtis happen @Anders_ASUS ?