This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8gb ram multitasking

Kamil
Rising Star I
Hey, I am on the last android 10 update but my phone 8/256 GB version behave more like 6 GB i mean ram usage is around 5,5 GB top (70%show in system developer options) and then the phone starts killing apps. Is this normal? I have usage of ram over 90 % on my older phone.?

Ofc I turn off all power management and optiflex for test that out but get same results.
Another issue Switching between apps is smooth and quick but after turn screen off for some time switching between apps gets laggy almost as apps get loaded from swap memory not ram oO.

I don't know how it was on android 9 because i update the system and do the format right out the box.
25 REPLIES 25

_jis_
Zen Master III
I use opti yesterday and get the same results. 
Perhaps in terms of percentage memory usage, but you should definitely see the difference that your favorite apps won't be squeezed out of memory.

Kamil
Rising Star I
_jis_

I use opti yesterday and get the same results. 

Perhaps in terms of percentage memory usage, but you should definitely see the difference that your favorite apps won't be squeezed out of memory.

View post
I get you but no app should be squeezed out when I have 2 or at least 1,5 fee GB. Something it's strange here in multitasking. When I use it, it is mighty quick when I take a break it significantly slows down with app swapping. I turn on this option for conserving battery life though it should just kill charging on 100% and it kills all my apps from memory over night except 4 oO totally random ones. ?️

_jis_
Zen Master III
🙂
It also happened to me that I posted a post here and it disappeared. So I wrote it out of my head again, but then it appeared both. Some posts are sometimes sent to moderators for review before publishing probably.

Kamil
Rising Star I
_jis_

🙂

It also happened to me that I posted a post here and it disappeared. So I wrote it out of my head again, but then it appeared both. Some posts are sometimes sent to moderators for review before publishing probably.

View post
well... ? now it is a mess ?

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
Kamil

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/38019#Comment_38019

well... ? now it is a mess ?

View post

Would you like me to clean it up? Which emoji would you like me to save? I'm partial to the alien. 😉