This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[PSA] Take caution - Tencent-branded Chinese models with "Global/International ROM"

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi all

We have come to notice there are resellers selling the so-called "Tencent ROG Phone II"-models for the Chinese market with "International ROM".

We would like to make clear that ASUS does not officially sell any Tencent-branded ROG Phone II with so called "International ROM" or "Global firmware".
We cannot guarantee the functionality of this combination , if you are facing any type of issues - please turn to your reseller where you bought this device - as this is is not a combination we are selling.

Please also take careful note that updates/FOTA functionality will be disabled since the ROM and the models dont match, some resellers note this in the fine-print.. some may not..

Extra info:
If you are seeing anything about a "Global ROM version" or "Tencent with Global/WW ROM" it would be a clear giveaway.
159 REPLIES 159

julienvd93
Rising Star II
Wow so many unhappy people. I really don't get why you guys are so unhappy.
I bought a tencent version. Changed fingerprint to WW and flashed a WW ROM. I can now manually download software updates and update without any issues. Anyone with access to a computer can do this it's not that difficult.
Search the XDA forums for a how to guide.
Thank you Asus for all your support, you guys made the best phone that is currently on the market ❤️

chcksndrs420
Star II
julienvd93

Wow so many unhappy people. I really don't get why you guys are so unhappy.

I bought a tencent version. Changed fingerprint to WW and flashed a WW ROM. I can now manually download software updates and update without any issues. Anyone with access to a computer can do this it's not that difficult.

Search the XDA forums for a how to guide.

Thank you Asus for all your support, you guys made the best phone that is currently on the market ❤️

View post
The thing is wouldn't it be unstable ?
Because as I've seen in this forum the phone wasn't meant to be outside of China
I did the same but now I have couple problems Camera on Slow Motion mode the camera seems to darken and flicker, Wifi band is slow I downloaded a game and after it went to download a 7 Hundred MB file to install it took more or less of 20 something minutes, talking over the phone sound is terrible it's actually hurting my ears when listening to somebody on a call.

julienvd93
Rising Star II
chcksndrs420

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/37614#Comment_37614

The thing is wouldn't it be unstable ?

Because as I've seen in this forum the phone wasn't meant to be outside of China

I did the same but now I have couple problems Camera on Slow Motion mode the camera seems to darken and flicker, Wifi band is slow I downloaded a game and after it went to download a 7 Hundred MB file to install it took more or less of 20 something minutes, talking over the phone sound is terrible it's actually hurting my ears when listening to somebody on a call.

View post
Which firmware are you on currently?
No I don't have those problems my device is stable and has always been stable.
The camera software is notoriously bad but that is not limited to the tencent version.
I can download 700mb in Les then a minute on wifi 5ghz or normal 4G internet. Maybe it was a server issue?
You can change the the voice volume of the call maybe that helps? But also its not a specific tencent problem.

chcksndrs420
Star II
julienvd93

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/37618#Comment_37618

Which firmware are you on currently?

No I don't have those problems my device is stable and has always been stable.

The camera software is notoriously bad but that is not limited to the tencent version.

I can download 700mb in Les then a minute on wifi 5ghz or normal 4G internet. Maybe it was a server issue?

You can change the the voice volume of the call maybe that helps? But also its not a specific tencent problem.

View post
26M377PPCB03.jpg
Before the phone came with a firmware that didn't exist and the slow motion, even everything was working fine

Until I switch to that official firmware

julienvd93
Rising Star II
Did you do a factory reset?