This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Phone 2 restarts automatically when call ends (More than 20 mins)

Kashyap
Star III
Hello all,
I have been facing a weird issue with my Rog phone 2. It is only 2 months old. Not sure if anyone else has faced similar issue.
So when my phone is connected to bluetooth headphone and I make a call for more than 20 minutes, once the call is ended by the other party the phone shows the account balance as a Class 0 Flash SMS. The moment the flash sms comes in the phone restarts automatically. Issue happens every 2 out of 5 times. So not always but intermittent.
My phone is up to date and also I have performed a clean reset from he recovery mode. But issue still exist. I have not tried without the bluetooth headphone but have tried 2 different brands headphone and issue is same. Also I feel the issue will occur irrespective of headphone connected or not. I have managed to make a video of the issue as well in case #Asus developers team wants to help.
Build: WW_16.0631.1910.44_0
38 REPLIES 38

mahiikm90
Star I
My problem started just now... What to do?

Aryan202
Community Legend I
You guys are on the latest .64 firmware?

mahiikm90
Star I
Yes bro...Y phone restating after calls?

mahiikm90
Star I
It is annoying that after call phone restart automatically.... At a day 4 to 5 tyme restart... What the hell it is...such a premium phone.. very sad...

Kashyap
Star III
mahiikm90

Yes bro...Y phone restating after calls?

View post
So I got my phone back from the service center today. They flashed the ROM with FW .44. @Averan Previously I had .44 but before giving the phone to the service center I updated to .64 and the issue was still there. While I was in the service center I tried to replicate the issue and guess what, it is worst now. Before the phone was restarting, but now it shuts down completely and needs to be manually started. Also before I had the issue when the call length was more than 20 mins but now does not matter how long the call is it just happens. While sitting in front of the service center person it happened twice and then he took the phone again to the technician inside their work area and then came back saying no issues. I tried and found out the due to network outage Jio was not sending the message immediately after disconnecting the call. The balance message was coming only after about 5 minutes of call disconnection (If the message comes immediately only then the issue occurs). I came back home and checked again coz the network area changed and in my area there was no outage and as expected the issue came back and still happening. Not sure what to do next! Left with a expensive piece of lemon which does not work and the manufacturer has no clue so far how to fix it.