This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this much SoT with 60hz and power saver normal?

Mvarun
Rising Star I
GUOIC8Q3TO0V.jpg
I used 60hz almost the entire time and had power saver on. I played asphalt 9 at 60fps on performance settings (Without X mode on) for around 45 minutes but that's about all the gaming I did. Is this normal? Cuz I heard some people saying they were getting 9+ hours.
57 REPLIES 57

Mvarun
Rising Star I
LP_ASUS

That's my understanding as well, but since this is a "once in the lifetime of the phone" charging event I can't imagine it will do any damage. I believe that advice, not leaving it connected to a charger when the device is at 100% is a cautionary tale for daily charging behavior.

View post
Okay thanks, will leave my phone on charge when I sleep after it dies, hopefully that helps the battery life a little.

OPC
Zen Master II
I'm not the battery expert as well, but I followed the recommendation from the manual and I have amazing battery life. Unlike people here complaining that the battery doesn't feel like 6000 mAmp at all.

Mvarun
Rising Star I
OPC

I'm not the battery expert as well, but I followed the recommendation from the manual and I have amazing battery life. Unlike people here complaining that the battery doesn't feel like 6000 mAmp at all.

View post
I do think the battery life is good but I saw some people with op7pros getting 10ish hours of SoT at 90hz when that phone has a 4000mah battery

Rajat_Kumar
Zen Master I
Will give this method a try tonight and will share my experience 🙂 weekend plans set ?

jetjosh92
Rising Star II
Ok so I am just going to use common sense.
The ROG Phone II just like most flagships by other popular brands have a system designed to protect the battery and device so I don't think charging the battery for 8 hours will do anything since the system will kick in after it reaches max charge.
Battery damage ? I don't think the battery damage will come from charging the phone overnight or something. since the system is there to protect the device. Heat is the thing you need to worry about so as suggested you might want to turn your device off when you charge it from 0% since it is going to speed charge from 0% and there will be heat..so just try to keep the phone cool when you charge it and I think it will be alright.
Check out this video, I know it is for a Iphone but the battery used in the iphone is also the same..