This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically changing refresh rates to save power

Mvarun
Rising Star I
120Hz uses a lot of battery and there should be a way to automatically change it depending on the app for example on messaging apps like discord or messenger I'd like 60/90hz, 60hz on YouTube cuz there's no 120fps videos, Instagram and Facebook or any app with a lot of scrolling be 120hz, you get what i mean. Maybe you could manually put refresh rate locks on certain apps. I know you can on games manually (Auto changing refresh rates on 60fps games would also be nice for example pubg and asphalt 9) but I mean normal day to day usage apps.
6 REPLIES 6

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
We won't touch the refresh rate of any game or app. It is up to the user control it by using either the quick setting switch or via Armoury Crate

Mvarun
Rising Star I
Anders_ASUS

We won't touch the refresh rate of any game or app. It is up to the user control it by using either the quick setting switch or via Armoury Crate

View post
Why not? Atleast give us the ability to change the refresh rate on a per app basis without having to put every app in armoury crate. It would really help save battery life if it switched to a lower refresh rate on an app that really doesn't need high refresh rate.