This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does "GSM Only International Version" mean?

gonzaaa_92
Rising Star II
Hi people. I'm looking at this Amazon post:
Amazon.com: ASUS ROG Phone 2 (ZS660KL) Smartphone 512GB ROM 12GB RAM Snapdragon 855 Plus 6000 mAh NF...Of an Asus Rog Phone 2 that says "GSM Only International Version". What does that mean? Does it mean it won´t work with 4G/LTE connections? I'm asking because theres another version of the phone that is the "LTE Unlocked" one.

Thanks for your response.

14 REPLIES 14

OPC
Zen Master II
Can you ask for a refund and send it back?

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
Try and locate one from a retailer in your country. I'm not fluent in Spanish, otherwise I would help research for you. But if you buy it out of your country, you will not have a warranty, and the risk of getting a phone zoned for a different region is higher (Tencent version).

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
And as OPC said, see if you can get a refund or return the unit as soon as you receive it.

gonzaaa_92
Rising Star II
LP_ASUS

And as OPC said, see if you can get a refund or return the unit as soon as you receive it.

View post
What I'll probably do is wait until I have the product in my hands, test it and if it's what I asked for and everything work correctly, I'm not returning it. In any other scenario I'll.

gonzaaa_92
Rising Star II
LP_ASUS

Try and locate one from a retailer in your country. I'm not fluent in Spanish, otherwise I would help research for you. But if you buy it out of your country, you will not have a warranty, and the risk of getting a phone zoned for a different region is higher (Tencent version).

View post
Unless the seller that posted the phone on Amazon is a hustler, it shouldn't be the Tencent version since that only comes with 8GBs of RAM + 128GBs of disk storage while the one I bought comes with 12GBs of RAM + 512GBs of disk storage.