cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone 6 Photo Thread!

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hey all!

Event is getting near - and we're celebrating by posting the first photo!
Unless indicated, all photos posted by me here will be taken by hand, no tripod. No additional image enhancements made. Taken by average people and not any professional photographer! Basically representative of what everyone can achieve on ZenFone 6! Photos posted may have undergone rotation in a photo editor.

Photos are taken on a pre-production unit.

Br
CH

The first photo is a very challenging scene, straight into the sun , really putting the dynamic range to test.
CF4D98M3MFHK.jpg

279 REPLIES 279

sarathchandran1
Star III
The wide angle mode photos are kinda distorted and moreover objects are kinda streched too
Sometimes in the HDR mode photos are weird the face is completely something different and unclear ,can anybody tell me the issue and provide me the best camera settings too
P_20191118_150405.jpg

S4t
Star III
CH_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/22431#Comment_22431

The focus distance is approx 10-12cm.

And as to why you cannot use 19.5:9 aspect for native resolution is because the native resolution is 4:3. That is the sensor format.

Any changes to this are crop based for obvious reasons as the sensor aspect is a physical thing.

View post
Any plans to improve HDR Enhanced? It can cause some artifacts if something is moving... since GCam doesn't work on Android 10 (works on phones from other brands, but not on this phone...), it would be nice to have some improvements to the stock camera. After all not everyone carries a tripod with them or is on a well lit place when taking pictures.

S4t
Star III
(Android 10) This guy lost part of his leg and his face was squeezed by HDR enhanced:
ANN1HOUIBM7Y.png
Here this bright white box is like blurred because the phone moved a bit while the picture was being taken:
SBP09K942AJA.png

And one the main problems is low light performance, even with stability sometimes it's hard to see details from pictures taken indoors or outside in low light (look at the bricks):
8VKM4UJNJDEB.png
If this seems harsh, it's because I was using a ~400$ OnePlus 3 before, from 2016, and it was better with GCam than this 2019 phone, which was more expensive and has a better sensor:
YJMJ5Y4XD0QG.png
If ASUS can't improve their camera quality, then at least they should create the conditions for alternatives to work on their devices.

shyamprabhu_g
Rising Star I
I remember seeing somewhere on this forum that hdr++ enhanced is to be used in bright conditions and not in low light and that the night mode needs to be used for low light conditions.
After reading that comment, it seemed logical to me. After all, the concept of HDR is to improve dynamic range in harsh lighting conditions (like when the camera focuses an object with a strong back light). Night time or low light environment is slightly a different scenario which may need night mode rather than HDR or HDR enhanced.

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
shyamprabhu_g

I remember seeing somewhere on this forum that hdr++ enhanced is to be used in bright conditions and not in low light and that the night mode needs to be used for low light conditions.

After reading that comment, it seemed logical to me. After all, the concept of HDR is to improve dynamic range in harsh lighting conditions (like when the camera focuses an object with a strong back light). Night time or low light environment is slightly a different scenario which may need night mode rather than HDR or HDR enhanced.

View post
Yes, the algorithms employed by HDR+ Enhanced is not really suitable for low light. Its intended purpose is for daylight/sunlight to provide a smoother HDR bracketing versus the HDR (which is still the highest in terms of maximum dynamic range).