This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to backup to internal or usb?

System
Rising Star I
This discussion was created from comments split from: ROG Phone II Tips & Tricks.
8 REPLIES 8

tonykaram
Star II
Hi, is there anyway to take a full backup internally or on a usb? i cant find it, and in the local backup/manage backups setting i cant create a new one, am I doing it wrong?

Shubhojit
Rising Star II
tonykaram

Hi, is there anyway to take a full backup internally or on a usb? i cant find it, and in the local backup/manage backups setting i cant create a new one, am I doing it wrong?

View post
You need to connect a usb to take a backup and currently i don't find a reason to save in internal if you are planning to factory reset data.
Once you connect usb it will automatically show the storage and you can create a local backup on the usb then after connecting it will detect the backup automatically

tonykaram
Star II
Shubhojit

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/27652#Comment_27652

You need to connect a usb to take a backup and currently i don't find a reason to save in internal if you are planning to factory reset data.

Once you connect usb it will automatically show the storage and you can create a local backup on the usb then after connecting it will detect the backup automatically

View post
then you will need an otg connection to connect an external hdd, my backup can reach 200GB and i dont have a 200GB usb, i was thinking of internal backup then moving the file somewhere else...
why does it show internal backup " 0 " if you cant make internal backup?

Shubhojit
Rising Star II
tonykaram

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/27658#Comment_27658

then you will need an otg connection to connect an external hdd, my backup can reach 200GB and i dont have a 200GB usb, i was thinking of internal backup then moving the file somewhere else...

why does it show internal backup " 0 " if you cant make internal backup?

View post
I guess Asus team can answer to it why it doesn't show us the option to save it in internal and on external HDD you can save it but i dont think it will be slow . You can try and let us know how much time it took