This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Vibration feedback below 15ms strength.

kchinnavigneshr
Rising Star II
Hello, I've just updated to 16.0631.1910.35. After the update, I found the keyboard vibration when keys are pressed stopped working. I have SwiftKey keyboard. I later installed Gboard and same issue here. No vibration on keypress. I have my vibration strength set to 15ms. Tried changing to 18ms, vibration on keypress works fine. This is happening only after new update. Tried restart, cleared data of keyboards and reinstalled.
One more thing, the vibration is inconsistent even if it is set at 16 or 17ms. Key vibs miss when typing fast. Was not happening previously.
IDCUY1QY0HK0.jpg
So looks like lite and sensitive vibration feedback stopped working after new update.
10 REPLIES 10

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
Anders might know, but I'm not aware of anything specific. After a quick google search I didn't find anything promising.

kchinnavigneshr
Rising Star II
LP_ASUS

Anders might know, but I'm not aware of anything specific. After a quick google search I didn't find anything promising.

View post
Okay. Anyway. Hope this gets to devs, so that it'll be fix in future. Thanks.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
LP_ASUS

View post
Well, there are only three levels (decided by Google) and you can clearly feel the difference when you set the vibration intensity in "Sounds & Vibration".

kchinnavigneshr
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/26093#Comment_26093

Well, there are only three levels (decided by Google) and you can clearly feel the difference when you set the vibration intensity in "Sounds & Vibration".

View post
Yes but in the keyboards I mentioned, they override system vibration strength and set their own( as we set). There was no issues before the update. They used to (before the latest firmware) get very low as well as pretty strong despite system settings.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
I just got the word that we will fix this in the Android Q update