This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

notification issues and more

charliesking88
Star II
Hi, I was very disappointed to see my brand new $850 phone is not able to download Netflix, nor does it show notifications on the lockscreen. I also cannot get system lighting working. wow. I've read you have to enable notifications individually per app, but all notifications are enabled for the apps that aren't showing on lockscreen. Any help or news appreciated ?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

OPC
Zen Master II
My phone, the international version bought in the USA, came with Netflix preinstalled and everything is running normally. Netflix, notifications, battery, air triggers, whatever. In general my phone runs great and I am very satisfied.
I almost bought the Tencent version myself. Luckily I was digging deeper on the net and discovered the phone would be more or less useless for me. But isn't it a kind of fraud when Chinese vendors offer it from "the central European warehouse, no import duties to be paid"? It's a very tempting offer. That can mislead many to believe everything is in order. That can lead to many unsatisfied customers which Asus definitely doesn't want. People are satisfied to have 8/128 option and are happy with the price. They go for it trusting everything would be fine. There are videos on YouTube showing how to install international software, assuring everything is fine. But it turns out it's not fine.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
charliesking88

Hi, I was very disappointed to see my brand new $850 phone is not able to download Netflix, nor does it show notifications on the lockscreen. I also cannot get system lighting working. wow. I've read you have to enable notifications individually per app, but all notifications are enabled for the apps that aren't showing on lockscreen. Any help or news appreciated ?

notification issues and more
You can't download Netflix? Are you logged in to a Google account? Have you been able to download other apps?

What firmware are you running? Have you tried rebooting the phone to see if this behavior continues?

charliesking88
Star II
LP_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/12529/notification-issues-and-more

You can't download Netflix? Are you logged in to a Google account? Have you been able to download other apps?

What firmware are you running? Have you tried rebooting the phone to see if this behavior continues?

View post
Netflix just isn't there on the play store, I've been able to get everything else. Have rebooted and have been signed into google since i set up the phone. How do i check my firmware version?

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
Settings>System>About phone>Software information.
That is really strange. Are you able to see Netflix on another Android device? I see it on my test ZenFone 6 and a Pixel.
For the notification issue, have you never been able to see notifications on the lock screen?
I don't have a test Rog Phone II handy, but it should be similar to ZF6. Check in Settings>Display for the Standby screen section, and toggle the "New notifications" toggle if you have it. Within Settings>Apps and notifications>Notification manager you also have a few options that should affect lock screen notifications. Try adjusting various settings there to see if it changes the lock screen behavior.

charliesking88
Star II
LP_ASUS

Settings>System>About phone>Software information.

That is really strange. Are you able to see Netflix on another Android device? I see it on my test ZenFone 6 and a Pixel.

For the notification issue, have you never been able to see notifications on the lock screen?

I don't have a test Rog Phone II handy, but it should be similar to ZF6. Check in Settings>Display for the Standby screen section, and toggle the "New notifications" toggle if you have it. Within Settings>Apps and notifications>Notification manager you also have a few options that should affect lock screen notifications. Try adjusting various settings there to see if it changes the lock screen behavior.

View post
Ah, I just turned on the wake screen for new notifications setting, hopefully this fixes it. btw I got gmail notifications showing after I started this thread lol. I believe the netflix issue may have something to do with this being a tencent games phone from ebay. My extension rom is 1.1.163 if that's what you wanted. edit: I have been using my Pixel XL prior to this phone which had netflix on it fine. I've had the rog II for about 2 days.