waxy78611
Zen Master I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Top speaker no longer works with this retarded update, an update made by retarded developers with peanuts for brains. Even ending a call on loudspeaker doesn't fix the issue. Have to restart the damn phone EVERY SINGLE TIME to get the top speaker working again. If anyone could kindly direct me the steps to do a lawsuit against these incompetent thieving phone scumbag "manufacturers" that would be great. Sick of this sh** now. Waited 8 weeks for a fix & this is what I got.

33 REPLIES 33

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
waxy78611

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/243867#Comment_243867

I came from the .197 update because of the feedback of .220 update. But honestly pal this update is trash. Absolutely garbage. I'm currently downgrading as we speak FFS

View post
May i suggest selling the phone while its still intact and recoup the money so you can buy something that isnt dog poopoo?

waxy78611
Zen Master I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/243869#Comment_243869

May i suggest selling the phone while its still intact and recoup the money so you can buy something that isnt dog poopoo?

View post
Will have to buy a new phone before selling this POS. Which firmware would you say is the "best" to downgrade to ?

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
waxy78611

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/243871#Comment_243871

Will have to buy a new phone before selling this POS. Which firmware would you say is the "best" to downgrade to ?

View post
It's seriously hard to tell because as far as this phone is concerned its honestly just trading bugs with other bugs. While sound wise the phone was probably "best" at the first firmwares it also had other bugs and problems. I'd honestly just update to the latest update that doesnt ruin the top speaker, live with it until i find a buyer and get something else ASAP.
Even if ASUS fixes the speakers with an update, youll still eventually have a dead phone regardless. It's a ticking timebomb at this point. More and more people having shorted camera circuit and people have started to notice degradation on screen as well, especially on pure white there suddently starts to appear discoloration, not to mention the typical power IC death and the soon to be dead sim card / fingerprint due to slowly ripping the ribbon cables due to small bends.
No matter how I look at the Rog5 and Rog6, both are just purely disastrous in my opinion. ASUS needs to redesign the phone from scratch. They need to revert back to the Rog3 design, that way the phone is more repairable, durable and has less issues with heat ruining components all over the logicboards.

waxy78611
Zen Master I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/243872#Comment_243872

It's seriously hard to tell because as far as this phone is concerned its honestly just trading bugs with other bugs. While sound wise the phone was probably "best" at the first firmwares it also had other bugs and problems. I'd honestly just update to the latest update that doesnt ruin the top speaker, live with it until i find a buyer and get something else ASAP.

Even if ASUS fixes the speakers with an update, youll still eventually have a dead phone regardless. It's a ticking timebomb at this point. More and more people having shorted camera circuit and people have started to notice degradation on screen as well, especially on pure white there suddently starts to appear discoloration, not to mention the typical power IC death and the soon to be dead sim card / fingerprint due to slowly ripping the ribbon cables due to small bends.

No matter how I look at the Rog5 and Rog6, both are just purely disastrous in my opinion. ASUS needs to redesign the phone from scratch. They need to revert back to the Rog3 design, that way the phone is more repairable, durable and has less issues with heat ruining components all over the logicboards.

View post
Thank you for this 🤝 I've ordered a Vivo x90 pro plus, the second that arrives this Rog 6 is getting sold

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
waxy78611

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/243874#Comment_243874

Thank you for this 🤝 I've ordered a Vivo x90 pro plus, the second that arrives this Rog 6 is getting sold

View post
interesting choice, when you get it, mind showing me some camera pictures and let me know how the screen quality is and the overall software is. I had an eye on the phone for a coworker, it looks extremely good on paper.