This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5g update

maneeshgowda17
Star III
I'm on the latest update and probably the last update for Rog 3 and yet there is no update for 5g
screenshot-20221202-000953501.jpg
screenshot-20221202-001003033.jpg

Come on give us a hotfix or something and why won't you give us toggle to hide that ugly stupid navigation pill
So annoying
@Laura_ASUS @titan67 @Mattias_ASUS @Anders
55 REPLIES 55

Deepan_Ch
Rising Star II
eqlmhrheqlm

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/240147#Comment_240147

so in this case I suppose that you have the Chinese version, but it also supports N78 anyway

View post
How many times do I need to repeat the fact that current 5G providers in India "REQUIRE" a certification do be done on device level for those devices to be able to detect 5G signal, and it's the OEM that has to push the updates?!
I'm not sure why Danishblunt is consistently addressing me as if I know nothing about 5G and ROG3. Probably he thinks that he knows about the 5G in India more than the telecom providers in India do themselves! 😂
If ROG3 is 100% unusable in 5G environment in India, I believe Asus' marketing line "5G enabled device" falls under FAKE PROMISE category and l ROG3s in India are at best 4G CAPABLE DEVICES.
And this leads me to think whether I should file a case at Consumer forum India, because, it's indeed Asus who has to push the 5G activation updates and asus has clearly stated on this forum that ROG3 has received its last ever update!

Deepan_Ch
Rising Star II
eqlmhrheqlm

so in this case I suppose that you have the Chinese version, but it also supports N78 anyway

View post
How many times do I need to repeat the fact that current 5G providers in India "REQUIRE" a certification do be done on device level for those devices to be able to detect 5G signal, and it's the OEM that has to push the updates?!
I'm not sure why Danishblunt is consistently addressing me as if I know nothing about 5G and ROG3. Probably he thinks that he knows about the 5G in India more than the telecom providers in India do themselves! 😂
If ROG3 is 100% unusable in 5G environment in India, I believe Asus' marketing line "5G enabled device" falls under FAKE PROMISE category and l ROG3s in India are at best 4G CAPABLE DEVICES.
And this leads me to think whether I should file a case at Consumer forum India, because, it's indeed Asus who has to push the 5G activation updates and asus has clearly stated on this forum that ROG3 has received its last ever update!

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Deepan_Ch

My phone didn't arrive with accessories or prism box. I have standard black box and the phone arrived only with the charger and the USB dongle.

No cooler.

View post
And with that you don't have global. ALL global are in prism boxes with accessories.
billede.png
Also as for your statement about adressing you that you know nothing about 5g, it's because you don't. The 3.3ghz frequency is absolutely useless. The range on that freuqncy is abysmal. However Airtel also has N1, N3 and N8 which are all not supported by your phone due to inferior modem, so it literally doesn't make a lick of a difference to you. The only time you can take advantage of the 3.3ghz network is when you're literally next to a 3.3ghz tower wihin a couple of hundred meters and don't move to quick while not having many obsticles in the way but at the same time you'd have around 250mps+ on LTE, so it's absolutely pointless crying over spilt milk.
If you want almost unusable 5G,then flash another phone certificate yourself on the phone because ASUS is obviously not going to do it for you which should be apparent at this point.

Deepan_Ch
Rising Star II
Danishblunt

And with that you don't have global. ALL global are in prism boxes with accessories.

billede.png

Also as for your statement about adressing you that you know nothing about 5g, it's because you don't. The 3.3ghz frequency is absolutely useless. The range on that freuqncy is abysmal. However Airtel also has N1, N3 and N8 which are all not supported by your phone due to inferior modem, so it literally doesn't make a lick of a difference to you. The only time you can take advantage of the 3.3ghz network is when you're literally next to a 3.3ghz tower wihin a couple of hundred meters and don't move to quick while not having many obsticles in the way but at the same time you'd have around 250mps+ on LTE, so it's absolutely pointless crying over spilt milk.

If you want almost unusable 5G,then flash another phone certificate yourself on the phone because ASUS is obviously not going to do it for you which should be apparent at this point.

View post
I have 5G tower at our complex rooftop for Jio.
EVERYONE is using 5G here EXCEPT ME!
I feel that Asus has cheated us with rebranded Chinese phones!

Deepan_Ch
Rising Star II
And I demand an explanation on WHY, from @Mattias_ASUS @Irene @Irene2_ASUS @Falcon_ASUS !