Zenfone 9 GPS inacurrate

pietje
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 9
Firmware Version: Android 12, WW_32.2030.2030.26
Rooted or not: NO
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): HealthMate (5.11.0), Strava (271.9)
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

Hi
when using my phone as a gps tracker i notice that the gps is often behaving very inaccurate for instance in the picture below is was driving the bycicle on the right side off the road and removed my sweater at the red X before continuing my path. The gps said i crossed the road went way offroad and then came back. I also noticed the same behavior when walking around. It tells me im zigzagging accross the street etc. I made sure precise location is on, the apps can run in the background etc but to no avail. I am thinking this is a hardware issue. Or are any other people experiencing the same result?
image.png

When i was on a trip in Barcelona i was testing it extensively, i am just walking on one side of the street instead it shows this zig zag nonsense
screenshot-20220911-201223-health-mate.jpg

Different walk same result.
screenshot-20220911-201242-health-mate.jpg
Same result in strava, i cannot recall me running through houses and zig zagging...
screenshot-20220911-202428-strava.jpg

41 REPLIES 41

pietje
Star III
@Mattias_ASUS What is the latest status on this? It has been almost two months now.
Thanks in advance

Crimis
Rising Star I
pietje

@Mattias_ASUS What is the latest status on this? It has been almost two months now.

Thanks in advance

View post
Still waiting/hoping for a fix? I told you so 😉
Stick with your Pixel 5.

ljovochkin
Star II
Also had gps issue wile driving in the car until i realised, that carholder's clip slightly toches the power button. Little pull up of the phone in the holder solved the problem. Hope it can help some of you

pietje
Star III
Crimis

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/234168#Comment_234168

Still waiting/hoping for a fix? I told you so 😉

Stick with your Pixel 5.

View post
I did not clarify the Pixel 5 issue further, before but the problems i had with the fingerprint sensor are common Pixel 5 errors ( a fix is to put tape over the sensor...) . Google phones are utter garbage, just look for all the problems the pixel 6 has. It is a modern trend these days to just ship an unfinished product and then trying to get things fixed with software updates...
@Mattias_ASUS please give an update on this, before you stated it was an active issue that had been discussed with the dev team. There must have been some verdict...

Crimis
Rising Star I
pietje

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/236980#Comment_236980

I did not clarify the Pixel 5 issue further, before but the problems i had with the fingerprint sensor are common Pixel 5 errors ( a fix is to put tape over the sensor...) . Google phones are utter garbage, just look for all the problems the pixel 6 has. It is a modern trend these days to just ship an unfinished product and then trying to get things fixed with software updates...

@Mattias_ASUS please give an update on this, before you stated it was an active issue that had been discussed with the dev team. There must have been some verdict...

View post

I don't see anything about GPS in the latest changelog.