Roystoys
Zen Master III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I know the Asus Two year policy and as the Z 7 was released in September 20 I can wear no more OS updates, a bit keen if you ask me but anyway, because the two years have elapsed, just, but.. the last security patch we have is for July 22 .
What's up with that?

10 REPLIES 10

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/232485#Comment_232485

You should be fine for a while unless something big comes like this:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/qualcomm-vulnerability-impacts-nearly-40-percent-of-a...

The google play updates cover most vulnurabilities.

View post
Hmmmm scary little read!

martin_stavinoh
Rising Star II
Roystoys

I have never kept a phone for more than 12 to 18 months so this is all new to me. What do people do with them now, apart from unlocking the boot loader, at least I can give this one extra life by using it for POD,s but what does everyone else do? Use them with an expired security patch?? Throw them out??

View post
the same for me!! and previously I always installed custom ROM and kernel but because of Google's SafetyNet I decided to go with "clean" Android - I was still able to do some minor changes via ADB and I wanted flat screen without aby notch etc so I ended up buying ZF7PRO and it still is pretty capable device!! even the battery is still in quite good shape (maybe because of that clever battery mngmnt in the battery settings) so I'd definitely want to see another major Android version released for this device 🙂 and very nice addon would be to enable VoLTE...
edit: I'd consider having this phone for another 2 years if SW support was there

Roystoys
Zen Master III
I would be happy with an up to date security patch

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Roystoys

I would be happy with an up to date security patch

View post
Worst part is, its usually very little work involved.

Roystoys
Zen Master III
I never really thought of the zenfone series as cheap $1000 au is a lot in anyone's mind but the total lack of support makes it a cheap phone,if you follow my drift, let's hope the $2000 I just paid for the 14 Pro Max doesn't give me that feeling down the track