This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any solution on Asus rog 5 Wifi, Hotspot, Data, Sim not working, my warrantly just got overdue 1year

sanguilanj
Star I
What am i gonna do to a deadphone that cant even use data and wifi? 😞
15 REPLIES 15

TrillGod
Star II
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/224025#Comment_224025

Heard this before, where suddenly people had to pay diagnostic fees and whatnot.

View post
I haven't been asked to pay any fees.. there's service fees too and my device is out of warranty (They still haven't asked). At the moment my device is now being repaired.. just got an update saying they have ordered spares and is now in the process of repairing. Will most likely get it done for free.. this is my update. Within a week or so i should have the device back. Will keep updating as the situation progresses.

TrillGod
Star II
But i'll accept it. Rog 5 is really a poorly manufactured device. It really puts a dent with the user experience and it makes me feel like i shouldn't invest in the Rog series from here on. But surprisingly the place where i live and the authorized service center people are really helpful at handling my issue. So its a bit of a work around, nonetheless alright in the end because at least they're doing something and helping customers.. so yeah not a very satisfying experience overall after buying a Rog device. Redmagic devices are banned here, otherwise i would have picked one of those up and its much better for gaming than Rog.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
TrillGod

But i'll accept it. Rog 5 is really a poorly manufactured device. It really puts a dent with the user experience and it makes me feel like i shouldn't invest in the Rog series from here on. But surprisingly the place where i live and the authorized service center people are really helpful at handling my issue. So its a bit of a work around, nonetheless alright in the end because at least they're doing something and helping customers.. so yeah not a very satisfying experience overall after buying a Rog device. Redmagic devices are banned here, otherwise i would have picked one of those up and its much better for gaming than Rog.

View post
Well sadly ASUS clearly shows that they don't care about the rog series anymore and focus only on the zenfone. I assume its due to the fierce competition with other manufacturers such as nubia, xiaomi and lenovo.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
ZTE-Nubia-Red Magic yes, a lot of countries are prohibited but usable except the United States (and Canada?) where operators are ubiquitous for certification on their networks.
That said, the number of negative points is extremely high.
I see Redmagic as a Disposable Device
- A major update
- 4 Security patches (3 first semester, 1 last semester)
- Core/Source available??
- Specific France, FR translation, 30-40%, better to leave the device in English.
Negative points
No consistency, RM7 top screen (brightness, 165 Hz, RM7s Pro Flop (very low brightness, 120 Hz) (no auto 60-90-120, manual choice)
Photo, video, the Rog 5 already not top surpasses it XXL
Selfie RM7 12 mpx > RM7s Pro 8 mpx already bad it's now bad
Loud but messy in-game audio
USB-C position not usable in games
Fan, the hum becomes noisy in games, headphones strongly recommended.
Positive points
60 fps constant Gensing Impact without overheating, without additional hardware, game time limited by battery capacity
Summary
Exclusive gamer, using it as a flashgrip is absurd, I haven't done enough research to know if the sources are available but haven't found so far, a major update without ever being able to optimize / correct it is too much crippling.
This is just a personal opinion

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
FunBike31

ZTE-Nubia-Red Magic yes, a lot of countries are prohibited but usable except the United States (and Canada?) where operators are ubiquitous for certification on their networks.

That said, the number of negative points is extremely high.

I see Redmagic as a Disposable Device

- A major update

- 4 Security patches (3 first semester, 1 last semester)

- Core/Source available??

- Specific France, FR translation, 30-40%, better to leave the device in English.

Negative points

No consistency, RM7 top screen (brightness, 165 Hz, RM7s Pro Flop (very low brightness, 120 Hz) (no auto 60-90-120, manual choice)

Photo, video, the Rog 5 already not top surpasses it XXL

Selfie RM7 12 mpx > RM7s Pro 8 mpx already bad it's now bad

Loud but messy in-game audio

USB-C position not usable in games

Fan, the hum becomes noisy in games, headphones strongly recommended.

Positive points

60 fps constant Gensing Impact without overheating, without additional hardware, game time limited by battery capacity

Summary

Exclusive gamer, using it as a flashgrip is absurd, I haven't done enough research to know if the sources are available but haven't found so far, a major update without ever being able to optimize / correct it is too much crippling.

This is just a personal opinion

View post
Doesn't matter, rog5 and 6 are in a terrible state themselves and users give 0 fks. They still buy them.
And as you pointed it out, yes, the RM is a gamer only phone. Camera, sftware support and whatnot is rather bad, however it still performs great in games and does basic things like messaging, calling and whatnot, also it's cheap.
At the very least it doesnt die on you. I do prefer myself the lenovo the most, the Y90 seems like a real flagship gamer phone.