This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Calling / VoLTE not working? Look here!

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Since this varies greatly from person to person I would like to create this topic in order to make the devs figure things out easier.
Fill out the following:
Provider: TDC
Provisions:
( type in calling app: #*#4636#*# for getting the information )
VoLTE: Yes
Video Calling Provisioned: Yes
WiFi-Calling: Yes

What doesn't work:
VoLTE doesn't work, Wifi Calling works fine.

@Mattias_ASUS You can tell the devs to look for this topic to fix further VoLTE issues. Some cant use Wifi Calling, others have VoLTE enabled in settings but doesn't actually work on their phone.

22 REPLIES 22

BPM
Rising Star II
Okay, just got the .236 update the other day, and here's how things look now:
screenshot-20220807-215135162.png
screenshot-20220807-215154956.png
VoLTE and VoWiFi switch status based on what I set as the calling preference.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
@BPM Thanks for that, that explains why my VoLTE doesnt work.
@Mattias_ASUS I have an issue where if I check IMS status it says that IMS Registration is unregistered, which from what I can tell is caused by bad configuration in the ROM. The network is TDC, the prodiver is "eesy". Hoping the fix will get in the next update.

BPM
Rising Star II
Is it normal for VoLTE and VoWiFi to disable each other like that? Is this a bug, or on purpose by Asus?
[EDIT] After discussing with Danish in another thread, this appears to be normal behavior. If Wi-Fi calling is enabled and set as the default, the phone will automatically switch to VoLTE if Wi-Fi is disabled (or the Wi-Fi signal is lost).

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
BPM

Is it normal for VoLTE and VoWiFi to disable each other like that? Is this a bug, or on purpose by Asus?

View post
EDIT: as explained in another topic, this makes sense.

hllsynotebook
Rising Star II
Danishblunt

Since this varies greatly from person to person I would like to create this topic in order to make the devs figure things out easier.

Fill out the following:

Provider: TDC

Provisions:

( type in calling app: #*#4636#*# for getting the information )

VoLTE: Yes

Video Calling Provisioned: Yes

WiFi-Calling: Yes

What doesn't work:

VoLTE doesn't work, Wifi Calling works fine.

@Mattias_ASUS You can tell the devs to look for this topic to fix further VoLTE issues. Some cant use Wifi Calling, others have VoLTE enabled in settings but doesn't actually work on their phone.

Wifi Calling / VoLTE not working? Look here!
brain disabled brain disabled