This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog 6, another hard pass.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Aight so I already talked with people who bought the phone and it seems all ASUS's ressoruces went to the Zenfone 9. The Rog6 is already a huge dissapointment, even when compared to the Rog6.
1.) Camera quality despite superior lens is on average worse. This is due to the fact that the IMX686 has had tons of time to develop and get optimized via software. So this could get better over time.
2.) The rog 6 is similair to the Rog5 when it comes to bugs.
3.) Speakers are an extreme dissapointment, lack of bass and generally just bad quality. Most consumer phones are superior.
4.) small downgrades here and there (micrphone, dac etc.), doesn't really mean much in terms of experience, but is a problem if price stays the same, which it does. If you're gonna go downgrade on stuff, you need to either change price or put good stuff somewhere else, such as actually good fingerprint.
5.) Fingeprint is as awful as Rog5, if you have smudgy fingers you can't unlock anything.
6.) Due to same dumb design, phone is fragile as hell.
7.) Same extremely dumb cooling system that relies on an external cooler. Using the phone without cooler is a recipe for dead brick if ASUS doesnt change their thermal management.
8.) Performance is good if you use the phone with active cooler, even without the cooler it performs great, however it gets way to hot. This will be handled like the Rog5, where they throttle the hell out of it without cooler trough updates.
9.) Battery drain is massive, in demanding games like genshin we look at 1.5-2hours gameplay at best.
Honestly it's extremely hard to recomment the Rog6 over the competition, especially red magic and lenovo Y90. I had high hopes for this one, but got shattered.
Well you know what they say right? 7 = lucky number. Also the gen2 finally seems like a true next gen chip with much better efficiency. Please ASUS, don't mess up the Rog7.
52 REPLIES 52

ehunt22
Star III
The rog phones need to do away with whatever concept of a unique brand identity they have in mind, in relation to specifically the screens they put on the back.
Apart from a very limited asthetic benefit, they do nothing for gaming, which is the main purpose of the phone.
It will save some money, and physically make way for better cooling by adding some space in phones
In terms of cooling solutions, aeroactive cooler may get them some extra accessory money, but it's an unnecessarily long route with debatable benefits. They should consider going with internal fans. A peltier type cooler will probably need venting to avoid condensation related issues
The thermal cooling and design choices are probably more to do with upper management decisions, based on inputs from marketing teams

Jesp_r
Rising Star II
The big question is... Is it worth a change from Rog3 to Rog6 knowing all this? In general, ignoring the color bands, I'm happy with Rog3, but it's a 3-year-old phone and the degradation is already showing... I had intended to buy Rog6, but I'm not sure... maybe the zenfone9 is a better choice . What is your opinion?

BPM
Rising Star II
Hopefully, they'll bring back TwinView Dock support with the ROG Phone 7. 🙃

Lord_Messi
Zen Master II
Jesp.r

The big question is... Is it worth a change from Rog3 to Rog6 knowing all this? In general, ignoring the color bands, I'm happy with Rog3, but it's a 3-year-old phone and the degradation is already showing... I had intended to buy Rog6, but I'm not sure... maybe the zenfone9 is a better choice . What is your opinion?

View post
Wait for ROG 7
Your phone still can play any games and have cooler temperature than rog 6