This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you connect Asus to TV using Type C to HDMI cable

chitransh_joshi
Star II
I tried this but not working on Asus Rog phone 2. It plug and Play on my Samsung device. But don't know if Asus support this. If any one know a solution on this do let me know. I need wired connection for screen casting on my TV for Game streaming.

26 REPLIES 26

chitransh_joshi
Star II
brbaker92

Side port works for HDMI out.

View post
it would only work with Asus Professional ($120) or Mobile Doc ($230). With other connectors available in market may or may not work. And the type c on side only output over HDMI.
It would not make sense to me spending another $120 for this function to work.

chitransh_joshi
Star II
bishwa_roy

Yes you can. I tried using a usb c to hdmi female adapter, but the screen flickers continuously. So here is the solution:

You need to connect the rog phone 2 to a usb-c to hdmi adapter, then connect it to a hdmi splitter (find one which specifically removes hdcp) via a hdmi cable. Now the 2 outputs of the splitter can be used to connect to your tv or elgato. This is working fine for me.

View post
I have similar setup but it does not work. I am using this connector (https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01LYJQ5ZD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) but its not working. I use same setup with Samsung and One plus its plug and play with elgato and splitter.

bishwa_roy
Star II
chitransh.joshi

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/21064#Comment_21064

I have similar setup but it does not work. I am using this connector (https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01LYJQ5ZD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) but its not working. I use same setup with Samsung and One plus its plug and play with elgato and splitter.

View post
Sorry to hear that. But it seems that people are facing totally different problems regarding the video output. Adding the hdmi splitter between the 'usb c to hdmi adapter' and the 'elgato' solved the problem for me. Although there should not be any problem only on the first hand. God knows what special port asus is using!

Volodesi
Rising Star II
This is starting to sound like an HDCP problem to me. If the splitter makes it work.

I used a splitter to capture PS3 and PS4 content. The splitter drops HDCP.

Will have to dig mine out and see if that fixes it.

Volodesi
Rising Star II
Volodesi

This is starting to sound like an HDCP problem to me. If the splitter makes it work.

I used a splitter to capture PS3 and PS4 content. The splitter drops HDCP.

Will have to dig mine out and see if that fixes it.

View post

Yup. It is an HDCP problem.

I found my HDMI splitter and tossed it in. Fixes the screen cutting out issue.

HDCP will cause the screen to cut in and out if you disable HDCP in your capture card. This flashing happens as well on my PS4 with my capture cards HDCP off. The HDMI Splitter ignores HDCP, which fixes the flashing on both my phone and HDCP.

I wonder if it's possible for Asus to add a option to disable Android's HDCP? Cause the only way to do it right now is with a custom ROM.