noldoli
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG5
Firmware Version: WW-18.0.840.2201.229
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: N/A
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Android
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Wanting to let the dust settle with Android 12 for ROG5 (I'm no gamer; stability is paramount to me; I can take hit on performance, but won't compromise on stability) I've been tracking Android 11 updates. At this juncture, I've confirmed that the system is willing to update itself to the newest WW-18.0840.2202.231 (A11) or WW-31.0810.1226.67 (A12). However, I wondered by simply keeping up with Android 11 updates whether upgrading Android 12 won't be possible in the future, especially when eventually A11 updates stopped getting released for this phone?? Am I at a now or never moment with A12?
Thanks for any insights.
5 REPLIES 5

k_huat
Rising Star II
I prefer to stick with a11 until a12 stabilized or at least acceptable min bug (I don't expect improvement from Asus but remain current a11 level of stability, btw I'm now .229 version). I'm no gamer as well n once I feel the heat I'll leave my rog to cool down. Never thought of such compromisation when buying this so called flagship rog

noldoli
Star III
The question is, in the future, when A12 has quite matured for ROG5, whether there would be an option to upgrade/update from up-to-date A11 at that time to up-to-date A12 of that time (either one cumulative update to apply or a number of sequential updates to apply is no big concern, though one cumulative update would save time for sure).
Seeing how it's ASUS themselves who are officially releasing/maintaining both A11 and A12 builds for this phone, it's logical to expect what I'm trying to understand (rather expect actually). However, it'd be nice to definitely know it from either the official sources or the experience of such happening from the previous ROG phone releases.

k_huat
Rising Star II
No official answer from Asus for u in this issue, based on my experience with Asus I'm definite n sure. We will need to wait other rog user who owned ROG 2or3 n "upgraded" to ROG 5 coz this in mainly a rog 5 forum. Maybe (most probably) I'll remain with a11 n by the time a12 stabilized already about time I change my phone to another more convincing brand 😂

shiroYAMI
Star II
OMG. a12 is disgusting. the fonts are terrible. Notification bar and design like phones of the past. where is the menu on the power button. I need ROG with its individual and unusual design. I want to burp from the update. give me back my ROG 5 with a11.
I don't want to use this ROG Phone