Sujin_MS
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus Rog Phone 5
Firmware Version:18.0840.2201.226
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi Team,
This is the second time I am facing the WIFI issue (Wifi is not turning on) after the software update. When I faced this issue the first time, the Asus service center team replaced the phone motherboard. After 8 months I am facing the same issue again. I am sure if I submit this device to the service center they will replace the existing motherboard(While checking in the Asus Discussion portal, I could see that lot of rog users replace their phone motherboard more than two in the warranty period). But I am sure the Asus software team will come up with a bug full update in the future. It will burn my wifi chip again but that time my device might be out of warranty.
I am expecting a refund rather than a replacement. If the team is not ready with this I will go with consumer court for justice. 
18 REPLIES 18

Sujin_MS
Star II
PR3DAP00L

I have exactly the same problem. They should really start fixing their stuff, or else they are gonna lose a lot of buyers, which is sad, because I love the phones...

View post
I had received a call from the ASUS Escalation team and they told me the faulty motherboard will replaced with their new refined board. If the statement was 100% genuine the issue will not occur, else the board will burn again after the next update.

Sujin_MS
Star II
hp9976802431

No matter what our problem , Asus does not listen to it. It is better way go to court

View post
Stark Industry is interested in Asus software developers to make some patches for the upcoming Iron Man suit.😁

hp9976802431
Rising Star II
Sujin MS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/206336#Comment_206336

I had received a call from the ASUS Escalation team and they told me the faulty motherboard will replaced with their new refined board. If the statement was 100% genuine the issue will not occur, else the board will burn again after the next update.

View post
Note it I'm change the motherboard twice.Some users changes multiple times.After the motherboard changes like turnoff,thorttling issue,frame drop and heating wait for a upcoming unknown issues. They are cheated in phone industry. Many problems there.Still they are not giving a proper answer. even a problems coming on your phone they tell only service center to go.if warranty to go service is OK but no Warranty what you do? In the case developers are sleeping or not speaking their mistakes.All are fraud including service center team .Because Rog5 unit customers are their testing animals on developers. Different firmware there check on website rog5 current .226 version.Rog5s series .192 version .

rStar
Rising Star II
Sujin MS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/58608/wifi-is-not-turning-on-rog-phone-5

I have submitted the device to the nearest service center on 07/03/2022. They advised to wait three business days for the motherboard replacement. Also, I got a mail from the ASUS SQM department regarding the consumer court case, the team is extended my phone warranty to 2023. I replied back to the team, is there any assurance can you give me the phone can survive at least 6 months after the board replacement, if you give me the assurance then I will withdraw the current case from the consumer court. Now I am waiting for their reply.

View post
Congratulations 👏
No such benefit for us
She denied shamelessly. 😊
screenshot-20220308-164224695.jpg

Sujin_MS
Star II
rStar

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/206671#Comment_206671

Congratulations 👏

No such benefit for us

She denied shamelessly. 😊

screenshot-20220308-164224695.jpg

View post
Is this your first time experiencing this? If yes please submit your device to the service center, once you received the device play hard with 90 fps and install all upcoming updates. This will burn again your phone within 6 months, that time raise a complaint via Asus Customer care call or Chat and advise them to escalate this issue to a higher level. then only you can get the warranty extension.