Sujin_MS
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus Rog Phone 5
Firmware Version:18.0840.2201.226
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi Team,
This is the second time I am facing the WIFI issue (Wifi is not turning on) after the software update. When I faced this issue the first time, the Asus service center team replaced the phone motherboard. After 8 months I am facing the same issue again. I am sure if I submit this device to the service center they will replace the existing motherboard(While checking in the Asus Discussion portal, I could see that lot of rog users replace their phone motherboard more than two in the warranty period). But I am sure the Asus software team will come up with a bug full update in the future. It will burn my wifi chip again but that time my device might be out of warranty.
I am expecting a refund rather than a replacement. If the team is not ready with this I will go with consumer court for justice. 
18 REPLIES 18

hp9976802431
Rising Star II
No matter what our problem , Asus does not listen to it. It is better way go to court

PR3DAP00L
Star I
I have exactly the same problem. They should really start fixing their stuff, or else they are gonna lose a lot of buyers, which is sad, because I love the phones...

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Sujin MS,
Please check your personal inbox and share the details.

Sujin_MS
Star II
Sujin MS

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Asus Rog Phone 5
  2. Firmware Version:18.0840.2201.226
  3. Rooted or not: not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Always
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Hi Team,

This is the second time I am facing the WIFI issue (Wifi is not turning on) after the software update. When I faced this issue the first time, the Asus service center team replaced the phone motherboard. After 8 months I am facing the same issue again. I am sure if I submit this device to the service center they will replace the existing motherboard(While checking in the Asus Discussion portal, I could see that lot of rog users replace their phone motherboard more than two in the warranty period). But I am sure the Asus software team will come up with a bug full update in the future. It will burn my wifi chip again but that time my device might be out of warranty.

I am expecting a refund rather than a replacement. If the team is not ready with this I will go with consumer court for justice. 

Wifi Is not turning on Rog Phone 5
I have submitted the device to the nearest service center on 07/03/2022. They advised to wait three business days for the motherboard replacement. Also, I got a mail from the ASUS SQM department regarding the consumer court case, the team is extended my phone warranty to 2023. I replied back to the team, is there any assurance can you give me the phone can survive at least 6 months after the board replacement, if you give me the assurance then I will withdraw the current case from the consumer court. Now I am waiting for their reply.