This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth broken since update

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Since the last update my Bluetooth is a nightmare,no one can hear me properly.
I have it connected to a 2019 Toyota HiAce,s multi media unit and has always been crystal clear now I can hear them but they can't hear me properly.
Has anyone else come across this bug ?
Any ideas on a fix that doesn't involve a full reset?
62 REPLIES 62

Roystoys
Zen Master III
OMG my wife, bless her heart, purchased me a zenfone 8 flip for Xmas. As she knew that I use zenfones she thought it would be a good surprise.
In the process of sending it back for a refund
The flip camera which sets the zenfones above the rest is ,in my opinion, the worste thing about the phone. I have dropped mine a few times and I am convinced that it has broken my phone.
When you restart a zenfone it usually makes a sound and vibrates, mildly, but mine now almost jumps out of my hands the vibration is that strong. I played around with the zenfone 8 flip for a bit before I repacked it for return and it doesn't make the same vibration. It also connected with my van straight away and stayed connected with great audio quality.
I won't know for sure until my alternative turns up and I have a chance to try it out for a few weeks or at least days but I am convinced that it is the problem
Boy's and girl's beware I don't believe these phones survive the drop test, especially if it lands on the camera end which it inveriably does because it is heavier on the top end.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Roystoys

OMG my wife, bless her heart, purchased me a zenfone 8 flip for Xmas. As she knew that I use zenfones she thought it would be a good surprise.

In the process of sending it back for a refund

The flip camera which sets the zenfones above the rest is ,in my opinion, the worste thing about the phone. I have dropped mine a few times and I am convinced that it has broken my phone.

When you restart a zenfone it usually makes a sound and vibrates, mildly, but mine now almost jumps out of my hands the vibration is that strong. I played around with the zenfone 8 flip for a bit before I repacked it for return and it doesn't make the same vibration. It also connected with my van straight away and stayed connected with great audio quality.

I won't know for sure until my alternative turns up and I have a chance to try it out for a few weeks or at least days but I am convinced that it is the problem

Boy's and girl's beware I don't believe these phones survive the drop test, especially if it lands on the camera end which it inveriably does because it is heavier on the top end.

View post
Many have tested the durability of the zf8 flip and it's defnitely durable. Infact it's identical to the Zf7. The only differences from Zf7 and 8 are the SoC, speaker and some other small tweaks.
If you have broken the flip camera, then you simply got a monday device.

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/199643#Comment_199643

Many have tested the durability of the zf8 flip and it's defnitely durable. Infact it's identical to the Zf7. The only differences from Zf7 and 8 are the SoC, speaker and some other small tweaks.

If you have broken the flip camera, then you simply got a monday device.

View post
Yes I have read similar but I don't always believe what I read
You are correct in saying that they are identical in looks it fits into the leather case that I use on my zenfone 7. I thought that the cutouts for the volume and power buttons would be different as the Z8 doesn't have the side fingerprint reader but it fits with easy access to both buttons

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Found this online this morning

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Roystoys

screenshot-20220103-105344.png

Found this online this morning

View post
Given how the ASUS SI turned out and the fact that ASUS didnt rush the Snapdragon 8 gen1 phone out, it might be ASUS first attempt on quality control. Hence personally I'm quite excited for the Rog6