This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery drain - Android System

pyro3224
Star I
Hi, recently I bought a brand new ZenFone 8 flip and I have a battery problem. It is draining so fast that I have to charge my phone sometimes twice a day, can anybody help me please. As you can see, the battery is affected the most by Android system. Please help
screenshot-20210918-090925419.jpg

22 REPLIES 22

nasteenpois
Star III
I have one potential fix that helped at least me. I enabled Battery Saver on developer options and i have been able to get thru the day with ease. I have charge limit set to 80% and have charge left after the day.

Battery saver works lot better, at least for me, than Ultra durable mode that asus has.

Asus needs to do something for this battery problem because i sometimes had to charge my phone middle of the day and it just feels crazy when you have 5000mah battery on this phone.

I know this is just a temporary fix but i hope it helps you guys as it helped me.

screenshot-20211004-090944689.jpg
screenshot-20211004-090815077.jpg

Mohamed_Nour
Star I
Enabling "Battery saver" in "Developer options" do nothing but lowering screen refresh rate from 90 to 60

hleocosta
Rising Star I
Asus needs to fix this. It is not appropriate for a 5000 battery to last for a short time like this. I set it to factory settings to see if it would improve the duration, but nothing helped. Worse, there is no moderator to help us

soeren_jacob_la
Star II
screenshot-20211021-155148633.jpg
I have turned 5G completely off on my 8 Flip. That seems to work well.

soeren_jacob_la
Star II
Just an update. After turning off 5G completely (Settings -> Network & Internet -> Mobile network -> SIM 1 (and SIM 2 if there) -> 5G Network -> OFF) this is my current mileage. A much more reliable battery.
asus-zenfone.jpg