Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi & Wifi-Hotspot Not Working

freakingrocky
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS Rog Phone 5
Firmware Version: Android 11 (18.0840.2106.86)
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
========================================
So my wifi & wifi-hotspot suddenly stopped working. They won't turn on at all (the hotspot says Error when I try turning it on from this screen). I tried booting into safe mode (doesn't work there also). Tried restarting it several times. Not sure what to do anymore. I don't wanna lose data so if you know how to fix this, Let me know.
screenshot-20210725-205943713.jpg

515 REPLIES 515

divinelinson
Star I
vishnu.a.005

I am from Kerala. I submitted my rog phone 5 to cochin service center 7 days ago. Based on discussion with the service manager, I understand that presently there is chip shortage and for most new cases, they are refunding or provide new hand set. I have to wait 7 more days to get exact status of my case. I will let you know once I get any feedback from the service center regarding this.

View post
Hi I am also from Cochin facing the same issue from yesterday. Can you please tell me which service centre you have visited?

shahkhat
Star I
Hello I have an rog phone 5 which is still under warranty I purchased it in July so can you guys help me out? I'm facing the same problem my phone won't connect to wi-fi or even open Hotspot i really need it to be fixed cuz my internet isn't fast enough without wifi can you guys share your experience how u got the problem fixed?

shahkhat
Star I
I am from Rajasthan and nearest service center is in jaipur

Mysterio
Rising Star I
divinelinson

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/190524#Comment_190524

Hi I am also from Cochin facing the same issue from yesterday. Can you please tell me which service centre you have visited?

View post
I handed over my phone at Kollam kadappakkada service center. Since there is no smart phone repairing here, they sent the phone to cochin service center (really sorry, I didn't know the exact location) and talk to the cochin service manager through phone.

divinelinson
Star I
vishnu.a.005

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/190573#Comment_190573

I handed over my phone at Kollam kadappakkada service center. Since there is no smart phone repairing here, they sent the phone to cochin service center (really sorry, I didn't know the exact location) and talk to the cochin service manager through phone.

View post
Thanks for the info, if u get any update on the status of ur phone kindly share in this..