This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ZenFone 8 overheating and battery drain issues

Siv
Star II
Hi guys, so iv had my ZenFone 8 for little over a day now and have encountered the usual complaints most people have, overheating and battery drain.
This occurs in both idle and standard states, like just a phonecall makes it hot (which I'm sure reduces the battery significantly)
I love this phone but honestly would love to know if asus has a planned fix for these issues.
I know this is a compact device and heat dissipation on a powerful chip is difficult to balance.
Still a massive fan and would love to see a fix for this as I want to recommend this phone to everyone.
Ps: IV got advanced battery settings with all settings set to low not sure what else I can do from there.

6 REPLIES 6

Blumi
Rising Star II
Do you have the latest updates?

Siv
Star II
Hi there, yes sorry I forgot to mention I have update 30.12.112.22.
I also tested idle drain time with ultra robust mode, lost about 8% over 6 hours, if I remember my old phones on average I would lose about 1-2 percent while idle.

daviqutonfs
Star I
I have the same problem with my Zenfone 8

pio_zen
Rising Star II
Siv

Hi there, yes sorry I forgot to mention I have update 30.12.112.22.

I also tested idle drain time with ultra robust mode, lost about 8% over 6 hours, if I remember my old phones on average I would lose about 1-2 percent while idle.

View post
In my observation the biggest impact is cellular network (even without data enabled). Changing power mode from dynamic mode to durable or changing screen refresh rate had barely noticable impact (I play no games, just productivity stuff).
Last night with ultra durable + airplane mode + WiFi on it took 2% for 9 hours.