This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 7 pro has been abandoned?

darkie
Star II
My brother bought zenfone 8 flip , and i had bought (at the same price) zenfone 7 pro in June. I see that zenfone 8 receives many updates that has improved energy management, the dark mode is true black and has no gray elements. the camera detects the rhinoshield, has the level even on the standard mode, has the document mode and in the menu you can choose The acquiisition of the qr code. Some updates have made the photos better and better color management, despite the camera is the same. These are just some of the many updates that asus has released for zenfone 8 flip and have not arrived on 7 pro. Has a top-of-the-range phone that asus sold until last month been forgotten, or will they be released?
17 REPLIES 17

morenomiguel198
Rising Star I
darkie

Ok for small fixes and security updates. But I really feel teased if in September asus still sold zenfone 7 pro at the same price, and now the software gap between the 7 and the 8 flip is becoming more and more remarkable. I think I will stop buying asus, after 4 phones only asus purchased. Samsung and iPhone behave differently and, apart from the hardware, when they release an update on the features, it affects all supported devices in that range. Asus really disappointed me

View post
Yeah that's really bad that they abandoned their only one year old flagship.
I went with Asus for three reasons : recurring battery issues with my last Samsung phones, really bad CPU on European Samsung phones (Exynos) when in US or Asia they use a faster and less power-hungry Snapdragon for the same price (which is already high), and I hate the notch or hole in the screen for a camera.
But now, Asus released a new flagship 6 months after their last one, software gap is growing, long lasting issues went months before being fixed (background apps/notifications, GPS). And I still can't use the main camera in third party apps, I'm stuck with the crap quality wide lens camera's cropped image in Snapchat and others. But the phone was sold as the best selfie camera phone, they forgot to tell "only in the main camera app", and won't let us use the main camera for heat issues on long usage, but a photo does not take that long, switch to wide camera if it overheats...
I'm still planning to switch phone soon...

hritcan_adrian
Star II
I regret so much buying this phone , big potential but disappointing and frustrating customer service and software support , good thing pixel come up in October , by by Asus.

darkie
Star II
When asus decided to keep only the top and rog range I thought they would do as apple that updates with the same features all supported devices. It could effortlessly update the 6-7-8 series with the same updates without problems. But no, he abandons a phone a few months after its release, despite the fact that the price had remained unchanged all the time. Never again an asus.

topolov
Rising Star II
Well not really effortlessly, hardware configurations are quite different. But this is feasible task, of course, other vendors can do it. If asus can't, why they still sell phones.

darkie
Star II
topolov

Well not really effortlessly, hardware configurations are quite different. But this is feasible task, of course, other vendors can do it. If asus can't, why they still sell phones.

View post
Asus had declared to keep only the top of the range and not dozens of phones, like other brands, just to offer quality products. In fact, from day one the price of the phone, apart from some offers, until the exit of production does not fall by a single dollar, but it is abandoned as improvements as soon as the new phone comes out (at the same price). I find it a very unfair policy towards the customer