This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone 8 seems to be bricked. I have no idea what to do.

idris3396
Star III
So, I was using the phone as usual and all of a sudden, the screen went black/blank as if the phone had been turned off.
The next thing I know, the phone boots up to this screen.
pxl-20210814-194605423.jpg

I searched online and found that my phone has possibly been bricked. This used to happen with ROG Phone 2. I found a few videos online showing how to fix this in ROG Phone 2 however, I couldn't find anything for the ZenFone 8.
I did find a Reddit post where another user had faced this exact same problem with their ZenFone 8 as well.
Link to the post: https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/owelrj/bricked_zenfone_8/
I have no idea what to do now. I bought this phone in July.
I would really appreciate some help.
Thank you!
58 REPLIES 58

Dooboo
Rising Star II
Lammy

@irvin I will probably keep it, there's actually no phone out there that I want. There's not much selection for decent spec smaller phones. Yes they did wipe everything.

View post
@Lammy its just scary using a phone that could breakdown anytime with your files in it, and will be formatted again. Pixel 6 could be a good choice but its a bit bigger now compared to pixel 3 size.
Im using a 3 years old pixel 3 and never have been repaired or anything happened to it. This just proves how bad asus phones are.

Dooboo
Rising Star II
jakislogin2

I have a question for users with bricked phones. What memory version do you have? 128, 256GB?

View post
8 256gb. From singapore

pipsss81
Rising Star I
Irvin, you are annoying with constant whining. We will see, if this is really that big deal you wanted to make it. So far 4 here are getting this problem and 3 on XDA (at least one is on both sites). Making conclusions out of couple of people experiences is not good.
I had Oneplus 8T for one month and had serious network issues with it. Just on their forum was thread 12 pages long filled with people having same issues.
You are taking risk every time when buying. Buy expensive things with warranty!

Dooboo
Rising Star II
pipsss81

Irvin, you are annoying with constant whining. We will see, if this is really that big deal you wanted to make it. So far 4 here are getting this problem and 3 on XDA (at least one is on both sites). Making conclusions out of couple of people experiences is not good.

I had Oneplus 8T for one month and had serious network issues with it. Just on their forum was thread 12 pages long filled with people having same issues.

You are taking risk every time when buying. Buy expensive things with warranty!

View post
Pipss, this isnt an isolated case, it is a present issue since zenfone 6 and rogphones according to some people. We are not even considering the people who doesnt post anything in the internet. Yes i am trying to be annoying so people from asus can see and do action about it. You see, if this happened to you, you lost all your files, otp apps, because you trusted a brand, wouldnt you be pissed in the said brand? Network issue isnt that bad compared to a totally bricked phone in a month. Not defending oneplus, had blutooth problems after years of using it. But we are talking about bricked phone in a month use.

Dooboo
Rising Star II
jakislogin2

Thanks for the feedback guys. I wondered if that's limited to a specific version.

View post
@jakislogin2
The other guy is 128gb mine is 256gb, however the ram is the same which is 8gb. It is also an issue from rog phones too.