This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone 8 seems to be bricked. I have no idea what to do.

idris3396
Star III
So, I was using the phone as usual and all of a sudden, the screen went black/blank as if the phone had been turned off.
The next thing I know, the phone boots up to this screen.
pxl-20210814-194605423.jpg

I searched online and found that my phone has possibly been bricked. This used to happen with ROG Phone 2. I found a few videos online showing how to fix this in ROG Phone 2 however, I couldn't find anything for the ZenFone 8.
I did find a Reddit post where another user had faced this exact same problem with their ZenFone 8 as well.
Link to the post: https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/owelrj/bricked_zenfone_8/
I have no idea what to do now. I bought this phone in July.
I would really appreciate some help.
Thank you!
58 REPLIES 58

Lammy
Star III
@irvin, I'm from the UK. What happened with me, is I put my phone on charge, came back a bit later, and was presented with that screen. As you know, there's nothing you can do. I'm now very worried that this can happen again.

idris3396
Star III
Lammy

asus-1.jpg

Here is the note I got when my phone came back from repair. They never even said what the problem was.

View post
The last thing looks like a storage replacement part.
Maybe the reason these phones are being bricked on their own is due to the flash memory getting randomly corrupted.
This is exactly what @Danishblunt suggested earlier. He was right.

Dooboo
Rising Star II
Lammy

@irvin, I'm from the UK. What happened with me, is I put my phone on charge, came back a bit later, and was presented with that screen. As you know, there's nothing you can do. I'm now very worried that this can happen again.

View post
Good chance it will again. I recommend selling it before its too late. Did they erase all your files too?

Dooboo
Rising Star II
idris3396

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/182502#Comment_182502

The last thing looks like a storage replacement part.

Maybe the reason these phones are being bricked on their own is due to the flash memory getting randomly corrupted.

This is exactly what @Danishblunt suggested earlier. He was right.

View post
Hmmm or isit just the motherboard? But the memory could be integrated too.. i hate asus.

Lammy
Star III
@irvin I will probably keep it, there's actually no phone out there that I want. There's not much selection for decent spec smaller phones. Yes they did wipe everything.